PDA

View Full Version : Favor for Tropical Paradise

73ChargerFan
04/02/2002, 11:08 PM
I found out about Tropical Paradise kind of on accident, by viewing just about every page on the BARE website. Eddie has no online presence at all, which is a shame. Not to favor one LFS over all others, but he lets us have our meetings there, and he gives BARE members pretty good deals.

So, maybe someone here can put together an informative web page, showing a few pictures of the tanks he keeps, a few fish, corals, etc., with DRIVING directions! Then at least he will show up in a google search. We can put together the page and demonstrate it on a laptop for him. He claims to not even have an email address.

I checking into the domain "tropicalparadise" and its owned by BajaLife Magazine out of Laguna Beach, CA, but it doesn't appear to be used. Again, Eddy's a fish guy, not a computer guy, so perhaps one of us could negotiate the purchase of the domain. They have lots of different domains, all beginning with Baja..., so perhaps they dont' plan on using it. Or maybe we could register "TropicalParadiseSL".

Anyone interested?

Billy the kid
04/04/2002, 07:31 PM
i suggested somthing similar. To at least help the guy get some sort of online presence. maybe a fellow member can help build the website.. but a couple of people on the board didn't seem to like the idea.. :rolleyes:
He treats us real well, and i don't think any member can deny the efforts he's put forth for us.

anathema
04/04/2002, 08:25 PM
I never noticed they don't have a site, and I usually check out everyone's site.

I could do this, I'll try to stop by and see Eddie and ask him about it. Does anyone know his hours? I have stopped by during the day a couple of times and he has been closed.

He was running a mail list for a while, so he does have email.

Gusty

73ChargerFan
04/11/2002, 01:07 AM
So, uh, is this a bad idea, or do people only check this forum once a month? I'm new here, and won't speak for anyone else.

anathema
04/11/2002, 11:48 AM
I made it by to talk to Eddie yesterday. He said he already had a site in the works, and that it would be up by the time he opened.

He has some nice new display tanks up also, that's going to be a super nice (super nicer?) store, and he always has quality stock...

Looks like it may become my new biweekly stop. :D

Tenner
04/11/2002, 11:48 AM
Anthony,

This is a great idea. Gusty's post above looks like he was going to speak with Eddie about it. I'm sure he will.

Once again, good idea. Of course folks can only help out so much, before it becomes something a business should pay for.

Thanks
Matthew

73ChargerFan
04/15/2002, 08:20 PM
I found that Eddie has already registered the following domains, although there's nothing there.

gotpa.com
tropicalparadiseaquarium.com

anathema
04/15/2002, 11:53 PM
Eddie said a site is being built as we speak, and I am not sure who is building it.

He said it will be up by his grand opening, so I would drop by with any suggestions now if you have anything you think should be included.

Eddie seems like he has all the bases covered.

anathema
04/16/2002, 12:00 AM
MOPAR MOPAR MOPAR...

Sorry... couldn't resist! :D

My first car was a 1967 Dodge Dart Convertible.
http://www.uninked.com/gusty/dart1.jpg

It burned in a shop fire and ended up like this:

http://www.uninked.com/gusty/dart2.jpg

Still miss that car. :(