PDA

View Full Version : Sps Id..

Sparkss
01/28/2006, 12:46 PM
Well, I am more interested if anyone has seen anything like this before, as I had not. But I am also interested in what it is since it is really kewl.

http://tomandjue.com/Gallery/albums/TankshotsandCorals/Corals_010_01.jpg

We just finished LRB treatment (3rd and final dose was last weekend) and prior to that this coral was definitely impacted by the LRBs (lack of color in the base and little to no PE). After the first treatment (over a month ago) it started getting the nice light green color to it's base and developed great and colorful PE. Then it finally started growing, as it had not grown for months after we introduced it, but it also took a long time to encrust. finally encrusted and growing we noticed that the tip polps were all bright blue, in contrast to the bottom polyps green/yellow color. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :)

raddogz
01/28/2006, 01:29 PM
My passing guess would be an austera.

Sparkss
01/28/2006, 01:37 PM
Do all of that species have bi-colored or multi-colored polyps ? Thanks

orientalexpress
01/28/2006, 03:21 PM
yeah,look like a yellow tort from tonga,i use to have a colony like that.slow grower tho.yellow polyps on the base and purple on the tip.gl

lapsan

Sparkss
01/28/2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks... that at least gives us a starting point (if only I could remember where this one came from.. *sigh*... when the LRBs bleached out alot of our corals I sort of lost track of what was where, etc). But it's all good.. especially since this one is rebounding nicely :)

prodman
01/28/2006, 11:36 PM
A ponape torch has blue polyps on the tip and green at the base.

Sparkss
01/29/2006, 02:00 AM
the thing I found odd was that the blue polyped tip had growth that didn't match the bottom base of the coral. What I mean is that the branch was not a smooth length, but the blue polyped section(s) had a bump between it and the green polyped section(s).

On a ponape torch, typically how far down the tip do the blue polyps go ? similar to the length the one in my picture does ? Thanks :)

prodman
01/29/2006, 10:43 AM
I dont know what the torch typicaly does. But as your grows more it we be easier to decide.