PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning,, How is reefing today ?

zooqi
01/28/2006, 09:06 AM
Good morning everybody and thought I start this to see how is reefing going with everybody as of today..
Tanks condition
Any Upgrades
Any Plans

RD69 : any new reefer today ?

MOX
01/28/2006, 09:53 AM
well i am still working on my hood just ordered bulbs yesterday.
the tank has quite a bit of algea growth string dark purple stuff rather ugly.Water quality and conditions are still pretty good with just a tiny ammonia spike but every thing else reads 0. still have yet to pick up acyrlic to make my baffles but thinking of stoping today after work. ordered turbos/hermits for grazing. found a skeleton of a braincoral in my tank that had 6 nice size dusters on it about the size of a dime all varying colors not that special but at the moment its life in the tank that was formerly unnoticed. to conclude i was reading up on the chocolatechip star that came with the set up an other people had them eat snails and hermits so i will be needing to get rid of this guy any one wants him hes for the taking. i know that hes not reef safe so that prety much makes him a so to say turd in my book

fishesRdelicious
01/28/2006, 12:13 PM
i am just waiting around for the corals i will be getting on monday
last night sucked didnt have anything to do so i tried figuring out the rubick's cube. big mistake i was up until 3 workin on it still not solved
everything is good with my tank except the flow. all i need is a good wavemaker. also working on setting up a frag tank

MOX
01/28/2006, 06:52 PM
I found the best way to solve the rubix with out either making yourself fell stupid or just slow is to pull the stickers off lol but alass this is just a form of lazyness and cheating but what the hey u can tell people u beat it

Reef_Dweller_69
01/28/2006, 10:01 PM
LOL, I like that rubixs cube although I have never completely solved it.

Mox go to Lowes for the acrylic I snaged some scrap pieces tha was enough to make my baffles and my overflow box for only 10 bucks. They cut for no charge too :).

FRD: wish I was getting some corals :( .

MO: No little reefer yet, I am going nuts. Wish she would come already, but she should be her Tuesday if they induce like they said they would.

Now as far as my setup Have the 55 and everything needed to set it up. Did all my final cutting of pvc today ( just have to glue). when I get into the new apt (hopefully on Mon) I will be painting the back of the tank tonight. Went with a custom blue that my wife pic'd out at walmart (latex flat). Finally scored some lights guy's. A Champion Lighting Blueline e-Ballast, Socket, reflector 250w for 100 bucks, and a dual 175 watt mh with reflector and bulbs. Bulbs have about 3 months left on the bulbs for 140 bucks. For the price I figured I would take them since both people got back to me at the same time. Actually thinking of the future. I have some plans for the future where I will need the lights. All I need now is some weld-on to bond 2 pieces of acrylic for the overflow, and about 25/30 lb's of sand. Other than that everything is good and on a roll. Thanks guy's for all you help and advice you gave me.