PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to get hard copies?

Niven
04/02/2002, 05:01 PM
I called a local photography place and they said I'd have to bring the picture in on a CD or on the camera card. Is there any place I can email the photos to and get hard copies back? I don't have a burner and I would like to crop/fix the photos before they're printed out, so the card is out. I would like to get some 8x10 pictures for framing. What do you guys think?
Thank you,
Gareth

luminary
04/02/2002, 06:10 PM
There are some online places that will do it. Unfortunately, I don't know the links :rolleyes: ...however, if you check out these (http://forum.steves-digicams.com/Forums) forums, you should be able to find some. I've seen them mentioned before...

One thing you might want to consider...There are some excellent quality photo printers that are very affordable. I recently bought an Epson 820 for $100 (after a $50 rebate). I have gotten some awesome prints that are indistinguishable from real photos. It is not necessarily cheaper but is definitely more convenient.

gregr
04/02/2002, 06:35 PM
ditto what Matt said about the low cost of [high] quality photo printers. i have an epson 870 (outdated now) that i paid $179 for about a year ago. it makes excellent prints up to 8x10. it also has been reliable for my regular printing needs.
greg

DALReef
04/03/2002, 10:36 AM
This might sound odd but I have uploaded my digital pic's to Sam's Wholesale.

The prints cost about 24 cents and turned out really nice. Of course it all depends on the quality of the photo.

You can also upload and share your photos with your friends for free.

I have attached there link

http://www.samsphotoclub.com/login/index.asp

Niven
04/03/2002, 12:04 PM
Thank you for your responses. After I posted this, a friend offered to print out a pic for me. We'll see how it works out:) Thanks again for your responses,
Gareth

"Why are you buying that printer?"
Me- "It's for my tank":D :p

Playfair
04/04/2002, 12:20 PM
I used to upload pics directly to Kodak for processing, now it's called Ofoto.com. These are printed on normal high quality photographic paper just like normal printing. I believe a digital enlarger is the only difference, the rest of the "time prooven" process stands.

One note... On 8x10 size, you need to shoot at least a 2.1 meg pix in order to have "photorealistic" print quality.