PDA

View Full Version : Anything going on in N Louisiana

clsanchez77
01/27/2006, 03:30 PM
Hey Guys, I have been in Jackson, MS since Katrina hit, while working many hours up here, I have been carefully planning my new tank (imagine that, a reefer planning a tank).

Was thinking I am just a couple of hours from the Monroe area (I am also just a couple of hours from home too) and if there was some activity over in Monroe I'd like to come to a meeting.

Pretty boring here.

Chris

johntbyrne
03/17/2006, 12:46 PM
Just noticed your post. I'm in Vicksburg and am too in the planning stage. My FOWLR finally lost the last fish. Will build new stand and canopy this spring and move all to new setup. Present 75 drilled with 20l sump, Berlin skimmer (argh), 4g refugium, twin 12k 250w MH, crush coral, 120 or so lbs rock.

Going to closed loop with at least 1000 gph or more, could diy streams on timers, bare bottom, more rock (maybe 20 lbs), DIY becket skimmer, 20g sump, 29g refugium (stand is going to be huge), several new holes drilled in tank, 10k xm 250 bulbs, twin 110w Actinic vho (already bought new lights from Hello Lights with new reflectors), DIY calcium reactor (have 5 lb bottle at home filled ready to go and a bag of crushed coral), etc.

There are a couple of us in Vicksburg but we don't get together. There is a club in Hattiesburg. Skipper (aka, editor for Reef Keeper here at RCG) lives down there.

Good luck and I hope you get post Katrina situation worked out soon

Casie
03/31/2006, 03:27 PM
Hey Chris

The Shreveport / Bossier area doesn't have an active club either.

I'm so jealous of the reef keepers in places like Dallas that have club members to swap frags with, go in on big orders, share experiences, and just hang out occasionally! Ahh well, Dallas isn't tooo far really. :p

Keep us posted on your tank. I love a good build thread!

Snausages01
04/02/2006, 07:23 PM
Casie, check out the reefclub site if you have not all ready as I do believe we have a few people from Shreveport registered.

Same goes to clsanchez77 and johntbyrne as well, but I think y'all have made it over to the site all ready. :)

johntbyrne
04/02/2006, 07:26 PM
Actually no, never thought about that far away. Good idea though and I will do so. Thanks for the suggestion :)

Snausages01
04/02/2006, 07:38 PM
Yea, we have monthly meetings but they are usually down south around Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans and surrounding areas. We are talking about putting together one really large meet a year, you know like if you can only make one meet make this one type thing.

We do have members from all around the state, MS, TX, and Missouri; so you maybe able to arrage a get together in your area.

www.lareefclub.com

LatechReefer
04/17/2006, 01:44 AM
there is a pretty decent LFS in monroe... I'm in Ruston so if yall wanted to meet up sometime there maybe we could trade some frags or something... (i dont have much yet though) I dont check this thread much though, i think it would be better for yall if you joined lareefclub that way we can try to organize something.

ChrisKil
08/26/2006, 01:04 PM
Hey for all the reefers in Norh LA check out www.aquaristsociety.com. They are starting up a new club for people up here in the North.