PDA

View Full Version : DIY water collection

Dastank
01/25/2006, 04:10 AM
I was wondering who collects their own water and where they get it. So far I have collected my water between Yomitan Port and the lighthouse. I have four three-gallon jugs (water jugs w/handles from BX) that I fill up and lug back to my house.

I've read about algae blooms and trouble with collected water, but so far I haven't seen any of that with my tank.

Here's a good article about water collection:

http://www.petsforum.com/personal/trevor-jones/collectingseawater.html

If anybody is interested in some great places to collect water, I can tell you a few around the Yomitan area, easy access, less then 30 meters from car to collection.

okinawafish
01/25/2006, 08:27 AM
The fish lady sells is so cheap that I just get mine from her. 100 yen for 10 liters.

vest0830
01/25/2006, 06:10 PM
I also get mine from the fish lady, although lately, I prefer PPM.

I would like to know where you get the water though. as in directions...

Dastank
01/26/2006, 08:02 PM
Here's a good spot away from any rivers or fishing ports:

From Kadena, go up 6 past Torii Station; turn left right before the Family Mart. Take the next right; it's a good paved road that will take you out into the cane fields. Take the second paved road to your left. This road looks new and runs along the beach towards the lighthouse. There are a lot of places along this road where you can park and walk right down to the water. It's really close and quite isolated. 90% of the time I'm the only one there, even in the summer!

Hope this helps!

jasalmanza
02/01/2006, 12:54 AM
I too get mine from yomitan area. I have never had any problems, but i also dont monitor my water either. i just do a 20% change every 10 days. no problems!