PDA

View Full Version : New to Reef Aqms. Had fish only for years

WFForbes
04/01/2002, 07:48 PM
Hey everyone...:)
I just recently moved to Mt. Laurel, NJ. I just upgraded my 55 Gallon fish only tank to a reef tank. I have CSL 4X96 PC lights on the way. I have about 80lbs. of live-rock. I was thinking of doing the symbiosis tank with the clown fish and anemones. Any ideas?
I live w/ my brother (forbze16) and he has the 29 gal. He has some ideas, but the more input the better.
Thanks,
Will

katspaw
04/02/2002, 08:14 AM
Hi Will,
Welcome to NJRC. I am not very good with anemones and the lighting they require. There is a very good book out that covers the subject, that I have heard about. It was written by a woman, but I don't recall the name. I will look and see if I can find the name, then post it here. I would strongly advise you to research anemones before you buy any. :) I do know that the bubble tip and the condi are two of the easiest to support. I just don't know if your lighting is strong enough. I am sure that some of the others here can assist you better than I can.

Tracey

WFForbes
04/02/2002, 10:10 PM
W/ the PC's that I am getting, I will have over 7 Watts/Gallon. From the three texts that I have looked at this is more than enough light to accomodate most of the anemones. I was wondering if anyone has had success with any specific type of Anemone/clown.