PDA

View Full Version : porcuoine/huma huma/blue spotted ray?

rackboy
04/01/2002, 02:26 AM
Has anyone ever put a blue spotted ray with a porcupine puffer and or a Huma Huma. will they live together?

Ovrclckd
04/01/2002, 07:25 AM
I've tried a bluespotted ribbontail ray, had it for six months (which is a lot longer than most live for in captivity), and lost it because of my own stupidity. T. lymma is hard enough to take care of as it is, and I wouldn't recommend it, especially if your tank isn't very big. I have a 480 gallon, that's a good size for T. lymma. The fact that puffers and triggers love to pick on sharks in rays, (often picking at the eyes, blinding them, at the body, repetitively causing wound that eventually will lead the to the death of the ray) just compounds the problem.

It's hard enough to keep the ray iunder optimal conditions; trying to keep them with puffers/triggers in all but the largest of tanks is a sure recipe for a dead ray.

If by any chance you meant the less commonly offered D. kuhlii, ignore my comments about the difficult of care, but what I've said in regard to housing them with puffers/triggers still stands. Its too large of risk to the animal to even attempt in all but the largest of tanks.

rackboy
04/01/2002, 02:28 PM
thanks for the info man thats why I love this place.