PDA

View Full Version : REEFNEST TEAM is given a spot at ALL OHIO FRAG SWAP.. Lets Plan Guys

zooqi
01/22/2006, 12:04 PM
Since we are educational team we have been Kindly given a spot at

All Ohio Frag Swap (http://www.c-sea.org)

We need to set few educational programs there to teach those who are interested and here are my ideas and if somebody wants to take that position for REEFNEST table please post

1: Tank Drilling (I can do that and we need to set a start time to let everybody there know)

2: Water Testing

3: Bring your hydrometer to colaborate it with our refractometer (where they can bring their hydrometer to the frag swap and we will check it for them )

4: We will have a TV with video of some of our projects

5: We will have frags to sell and maybe some other stuff that I can work on soon.

6: Students can come to our table if we can help them in any way.

7: We take books, corals, etc for donations at the table

8: We need to pass info about our team

9: I know I have been contacted by a teacher from Cleveland to see if we can help them in any way and will contact them and see what we can provide to them.

10: etc,, etc,, etc,, etc,, ideas please

11: I will be working on the van rental this week.

We need to set this to pass it to

Carole McLaren
C-SEA secretary and librarian

older meeting (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=504874&perpage=25&highlight=frag%20swap&pagenumber=17)

fishesRdelicious
01/22/2006, 07:01 PM
we need to get business cards to hand out so people will remember us. you should work on that soon and tell me the price and i will pay for them
we should probably start working on getting videos and pictures ready, maybe make a slide show or something
we need to get all our diy to sell ready and start making a whole bunch of them and then say that the profits go to Reefnest and then to schools.

zooqi
01/22/2006, 07:58 PM
r u back ? give me a call if you are back. I just woke up and will be home.

MOX
01/22/2006, 09:53 PM
sounds good i wish i had enough money to donate the couple of items that i have but unfortunatly i am streaching every dollar but i would gladly take the couple items i have to sell and if i got more that was expecting donate the extra to the nest

zooqi
01/22/2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks MOX and your participation in this forum is a good support itself.

zooqi
01/22/2006, 11:00 PM
RC member djcool563 suggested we have a workshop on how to frag corals at the meeting and here is what I think
We have a workshop on how to frag
1- Soft Coral
2-SPS
3-LPS

We will think about how to go about that and will update. FRD suggested that too earlier so it looks like djcool563 and FRD agree. Thanks guys and will add that to my list of REEFNEST program at all ohio frag swap.

fishesRdelicious
01/22/2006, 11:06 PM
we can deffinitely do that,
mo, add how to kill aiptasia to the list

zooqi
01/23/2006, 12:26 AM
sounds good and we can come up with a way to do that too and specially at the meeting and it will be hard to bring aiptasia on a rock there. Maybe a fake one.

Reef_Dweller_69
01/24/2006, 12:42 AM
Hey Mo maybe we can do the maxi to tunze DIY, what ya think?

zooqi
01/24/2006, 10:19 AM
If you build anything and it worked I will add it to the site. Are you going to do it ?

Reef_Dweller_69
01/24/2006, 12:44 PM
Yes I believe I will be doing it. Just have to figure out the cost with all the things needed and how fast I can get.

By the way still no baby, had fasle alarm on Monday. But it looks like they might induce labor on weds. baby is down all the way cervic is soft and she is dilated 3cm still. Will keep you guy's posted...

zooqi
01/24/2006, 04:15 PM
when is your moving day ?

Reef_Dweller_69
01/24/2006, 09:27 PM
Looks like thursday Mo. Was supposed to be today (tuesday). I am so like when is it overrrrrrr. I will be happy when baby girl is here and move is over and tank is setup.

They are talking about inducing labor since the baby's head is down and cervics is soft. So she might be here weds night. Will keep you guys posted. Mo you might be the first from the group to see the little reefer. :) Will have a house of 6 reefers ( wifey starting to catch the bug.

zooqi
01/26/2006, 11:06 PM
Dweller, sorry could not make it there today. I got calls and had to stay here. I'm getting a fish shippment tomorrow and is possible is going to be in your area to be picked up. If it is i might run it to you there.

Reef_Dweller_69
01/26/2006, 11:37 PM
Soumds good MO. Today would have been bad dau anyway. I didnt get the keys from office. They said Friday and still no baby. Doc said that if she dosen't go into labor by Mon they willadmit her in to hospital Tuesday and induce labor. They really didn't want to do it weds, but would rather do it Tues. Don't ask me why, I don't know. Just let me know MO, if not Friday the weekend would be good too.

Reef_Dweller_69
01/26/2006, 11:39 PM
Mo, you know much about those mini carpet anemones, I was thinkin gof getting one or two?

zooqi
01/27/2006, 12:00 AM
Mini carpets are nice and the best color one is from our friend Gary Majchrzak (http://reefcentral.com/forums/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=7144)

you also want to watch so stores don't sell you something else that you don't want in the aquarium under the name mini carpet like..

here is the info from Gary

Gary Majchrzak
anemone farmer

mini carpet anemones f/s
Mini carpet anemone species Stichodactyla tapetum (that mimic Ricordea) for sale. Care is very similar to that for Ricordea. $10/ anemone. Shipping is extra- usually around $20 overnight, $10 two-day (weather permitting) using USPS. (Lower 48 United States only). FedEx rate may be slightly higher. Group orders encouraged. PM or email me.

Max size of this anemone species is roughly 2". Contact your group in LA and figure out how many anemones you want to order, then get ahold of me. Group orders save on shipping. A typical group order of these anemones ends up costing each person around $11-$12 per anemone including shipping. This is all dependent on the size of the order, of course.

This particular type of carpet anemone is unusual because it can do quite well in less intense lighting situations. They look especially nice under VHO actinics. (Glow green and pink and the oral disc size gets larger.)

check this thread

Gary (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=201498)

Reef_Dweller_69
01/27/2006, 12:11 AM
Yeah thats where I found them, and since you say he's good guy I will get some from him. I like word of mouth. Speaks for its self.

zooqi
01/27/2006, 12:39 AM
Gary is a great guy and I've known him for years and he is the king of those carpets and carpet farmer too.

http://www.carpetfarm.com/images/Logo.jpg

zooqi
01/27/2006, 08:15 AM
Reef_Dweller_69: got a call to come your way to pick up my shippment and will have the 55 with me. I called you but no answer.. Give me a call 570 337 9069 .

zooqi
02/13/2006, 10:33 AM
almost a month to the meeting. let's get this going guys and I will be getting few things on my part ready too. we have been talking about few things and 90% of the time we finish it and all thanks to everybody who is involved with this group and those who support us.

bmac
02/13/2006, 12:52 PM
Mo , lets work on some reef plugs to frag for the swap....im sure Adam and mason will be up to it !

zooqi
02/13/2006, 05:52 PM
I came up with new plugs now and they are sweet. I got plans for Adam and Mason this summer and plugs are in the process now.

spoon25
02/16/2006, 07:26 AM
i read someone could bring things to sell? is this ok...i was thinkin on sellin all brand new 6 bulbs 96 watt PC's and fairly 2 new ballasts to run 4 of them after i get my MH 1000 watts...i also have a few fish and macro to get rid of also...oh yeah and fluvals and overflows and hot magnums if u think that would be good to take...maybe we could raffle that stuff off...Moe didnt you say you could use that 304 fluval...? i want a carpet anenome? how?lol

Reef_Dweller_69
02/16/2006, 09:36 AM
spoon, what kind of macro do you have. I can use some chaeto.

spoon25
02/16/2006, 10:50 AM
i dont know i have 3 different kinds...dont know names of it...the one kind took over the tank the bubble kind, the other one looks like little disks and the other looks like leaflets...... is there a site i could look at the different types of algae?

nate4546
02/16/2006, 11:36 AM
Check the macroalgae forum here on RC

spoon25
02/16/2006, 12:25 PM
i dont see a forum for macroalge what forum is it under?

zooqi
02/16/2006, 05:20 PM
HERE (http://reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=176)

spoon25
02/16/2006, 06:27 PM
ok, i have been doin some searchin and what i came up with is that i have some calerpa which is spreading, alot of chaeto green grape(i think) there is some red tree starting to grow and bryopsis macro....the bryopsis looks like its mixed everywhere with the green grape stuff....now i think from the pics of what other people where showin...ill have to look somewhere else to make sure

spoon25
02/16/2006, 06:37 PM
ok i found that i have halimeda maco also, and the calerpa is grape calerpa....Zooqi help, am i right?

spoon25
02/16/2006, 09:02 PM
ok fianl scoop on the macro....i have caulerpa bikinensis/caulerpa raceimosa/and halimeda taenicola, and some red stuff starting

zooqi
02/19/2006, 12:01 AM
Not sure spoon25 what exactly you have but it looks like you got good collection by today :)