PDA

View Full Version : hey lets get a annual meeting together

geo
03/31/2002, 09:50 PM
Lets start meeting at each others place, maybe every other month for now. Columbus seems to have a severe lack of enthusiasm when it comes to gathering for our hobby. We all have reef tanks, and most of us like beer (I do anyway ;))
I know we have the frag swap coming up on the 13th and I am really looking forward to that.
It would be nice however to meet everyone and see the different setups and talk about our reef tanks. We all have a lot to learn form each other no matter what level your experience or years in the hobby.

any comments?

NorthCoast
03/31/2002, 10:10 PM
I know a number of folks are going to get together in April for a frag swap...

So, I might be up for hosting a "reef open house" in May at my place. I'm in Westerville, and, if you are interested let me know. I'll start making a list and check my schedule (and with the wife) for some availible dates.

Later,
NorthCoast

geo
03/31/2002, 10:22 PM
That's great Mike, nice way to get the ball rolling. I will be there providing I am in town. I posted this annual meeting thread on several boards, lets see what kind of response we get. I attended the C-Sea meeting last month and it was a really fun time. we should really try to gear towards an actual club of sorts and the only way this will happen is if we start getting together.

on a side note I think I have enough stainless for your canopy, e mail me.

6-line
04/01/2002, 09:35 AM
Geo,

Looks like you'll have to finally make that trip down to Cincinnati for our meetings....

;)

Todd

NorthCoast
04/01/2002, 10:42 AM
Fred...err I mean George,

It's Mark... Mike is my brother so I get that mistake a lot from my mother. :D I would also like to see the infomal meetings take on some structure as more interest is gained. I think the first milestone is getting a consistant showing of people...

Later,
NC

I will send you an email...

geo
04/01/2002, 11:32 AM
I get marks and mikes mixed up. It a genetic flaw I have. just call me greg a few times to make up for it. :D

geo
04/01/2002, 11:34 AM
Ted, er todd... I will make it south sometime too. Are any of you cincinatti reefers going to make the drive to canton for the swap?

6-line
04/01/2002, 12:21 PM
George,

I'm not for sure. I know someone tossed around the idea.
I'm fragged out, so to speak.
I'll probably be hitting you up pretty soon for one of those dual chamber reactors. My clam/sps load is starting to take a toll on kalk and buffer dosing...