PDA

View Full Version : how to get a clown goby to eat

rogerwells
01/20/2006, 03:31 PM
my clown goby is losing its color and i cant get it to eat anything....any suggestions?

noobtank
01/20/2006, 07:57 PM
how long have you had it? they are pretty easy to ween onto flake food. formula one is pretty good too. I have one and i just kept feeding him he started to accept it after about a week and a half

Agu
01/20/2006, 08:05 PM
Almost everything will eat live baby brine shrimp. But it doesn't have much nutritional value unless you "gut load" it by adding selcon to the water holding the brine shrimp.

What have you been trying to feed it ? have you tried different foods ? Are other fish bullying it ?

piberoptikz
01/20/2006, 09:09 PM
:) Maybe your Goby gets scared..not all goby stays happy when they see someone aproaching the tank. So what I do is turn the daylight off and leave the actinic and in lessthan five minutes goby will come out and I will carefully drop some carnivore goodies. Goby chows on almost everything but prefers mysis, brine shrimp. And also if your goby doesn't really want to eat, try garlic. Garlic stimulates their taste buds.

rogerwells
01/21/2006, 03:27 AM
i been dropping in a crushed up formula one flake everyday...tomorrow im going to put a few peices of frozen in....his color is looking better now

physicslord
01/21/2006, 06:05 PM
Mine was too scared to eat during feeding time, but he never wasted away so I assume he just ate whatever was left over at the bottom.

At first I worred but after a couple of months I knew he would be fine.

jpfelix
01/21/2006, 06:10 PM
at the store i used frozen cyclopeeze to get them eating.

rogerwells
01/22/2006, 02:06 AM
would he of eaten yellow polyps? cause i had some in there and they are now gone