PDA

View Full Version : Jbj 24 Gal Nano

Tr6tr70605
01/19/2006, 05:15 PM
Has anyone seperated the PC's from the Moon light on the Nano? I would like to put a timer on each but they are wired together and when one is dhut off they both are.
I'm not an electrician, but I am handy.
Joe

steelhealr
01/20/2006, 12:29 AM
There are directions posted for this here somewhere..try a search. It's a minor pain to do, but, do-able. SH

ReefWreak
01/20/2006, 04:05 PM
I just bought for like $15 or something the fix kit from www.nanotuners.com

They've got great technical support if you've got any problems, and they're major contributors to the NanoReef scene.

Check out the boards at NanoReef for more stuff on the 24g JBJ Cube. There is a ton more stuff on just the 24, including a great tutorial/experience posted by Steelhealr. He's a GREAT contributor to the scene.

check it out: www.nano-reef.com

ReefCentral is great too :D

TypeSH
01/20/2006, 05:04 PM
Hi,

I was looking at the fix kit, but was not able to find instructions.
If you don't mind, what is the installation procedure like? Do you need to solder anything?

Thanks,
Sam

ReefWreak
01/21/2006, 02:45 AM
There are no instructions. It's pretty straightforward what to replace, although the wiring requires a little bit of fiddling. It's no big deal, all basically plug and play, and screwing down the new circuit board into an empty mount in the hood, which there are plenty of.

only complaint is that you've got to tear the hood apart, but w/e, ain't the end of the world, however it's a great upgrade to run the lights and moonlights on different circuits, because then you can use your nifty day/night light timers.

TypeSH
01/21/2006, 03:00 AM
I see, thanks!
That is a great little kit. It sucks to have the lights on a timer, but not being able to use the moonlights on a timer also.

Thanks again,
Sam

mochabby
01/21/2006, 01:00 PM
or u can always buy a seperate moonlight... the r2 moonlights look nice..