PDA

View Full Version : Saltwaterfishlover

fujimo32360
03/30/2002, 04:38 PM
I read that you wanted a frogspawn. I got one I could frag for you .:thumbsup:

saltwaterfishlover
03/30/2002, 07:00 PM
wow someone actually read one of my posts....

what color is it and what do you want for it ortrade?

dmorel
03/30/2002, 08:43 PM
If you don't find something to your liking, I have three frogspawn all of which I can frag or trade the whole piece.

I just did a quick collage of them so you can see the colors.

My camera sucks, so forgive me, but this will at least give you an idea.
You could certainly come by to see them.
I am interested in moving out some softies these days :)

-dm

http://morelweb.com/URS/frogspawn.jpg

fujimo32360
03/30/2002, 09:31 PM
Give me a call to see what you have. or maybe you will have something later on down the road. 273-0333 By the way it's green with light green tips the frag will be about 4 inches in diameter.

saltwaterfishlover
03/30/2002, 09:44 PM
Dave I do like the one on the left.... Bryan told me you have one of these and I should ask you about care for it

saltwaterfishlover
03/30/2002, 09:46 PM
Fuji it also sounds good too... I will try to contact eithor later tomorrow or early in week

dmorel
03/30/2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by saltwaterfishlover
Dave I do like the one on the left.... Bryan told me you have one of these and I should ask you about care for it

Yup,
that's a nice one :thumbsup:

Now, you got yourself a goni eh?
Hope it wasn't because you Tom told you they were easy to care for... That's when I learned to look up coral care BEFORE I buy them, rather then when I get home from the store...

Anyway, I have one that is somewhere around a year in my tank now, and still doing great, but that apparently means nothing.

What *I* think they like the most is a low current and water that is thick with nutrients. There does have to be some water movement for their polyps to stay clean, just not a heavy or direct flow.

I have a super active sand bed and feed fairly heavy and keep the goni in a low flow area. It's skelton is still in great shape (the tell tale sign of impending doom is ripping of the membrane that covers the skeleton) and polyp extension is super.

Keep other stuff away from it as much as you can and never mess with it. Find a good spot and make sure it is safe and stable and then don't move it again.

This is a BEAUTIFUL coral, unfortunately it is also known as a nearly impossible to keep alive coral. This being said, so far mine IS doing great. But until I pass another year, I will not rest easy.

I expect I will be getting a visit again soon from Bryan, you should come along too, take a look at the frogspawn and goni and we can chat a bit about it.

-dm

saltwaterfishlover
03/30/2002, 10:04 PM
No I didnt talk to Tom I try to avoid his ac/dc (wellmanered/ snobish b**ch) when ever possible.. I got this in the fish place in tonawanda today $39 you on icq now? maybe could talk for a sec then tagg along with bryan tomorrow skeleton is about 2 in tall and maybe 2.5-3 in in diameter