PDA

View Full Version : Its a match made in Heaven

Zmann
03/30/2002, 12:22 PM
The pictures are crappy but the lights were off and my camera doesnt focus well in the dark. Anyway here are some pics of my Pistol and Goby. For those of you that have a mated pair of Cleaners or a mated pair of Peppermints is it unusual for the egg carrier not to release all of her load? Reason I'm asking is because I have both pairs of the above and both egg carriers only spewed out about 3/4 of their eggs.

Gary Majchrzak
03/30/2002, 01:35 PM
Jamie: nice pics.IME egg carriers-including shrimps,crabs,cardinalfish, and anemonefish- have their prodigy hatch or spawn on several consecutive nights.Probably helps ensure survival of at least some of the larvae in the wild.

Gary Majchrzak
03/30/2002, 03:06 PM
By the way, Jamie: Your goby is a white-ray shrimp goby.Stonogobiops species.Found in the western Pacific region.Frequently found in male/female pairs associating with Randalls shrimp goby.{Like Dave's.}

Zmann
03/30/2002, 03:15 PM
Thanks for correcting me on the Goby's name. The name I called it earlier is I believe the one they had it named at the shop. The shrimps haven't dumped the rest of their eggs and its been a little over a week.

Gary Majchrzak
03/30/2002, 03:26 PM
My coral-banded shrimp {female} ALWAYS has eggs under her tail. I can't figure out the 'turnover 'rate in her case!