PDA

View Full Version : Setting up nano, need rock etc. I don't know how the thumbs down thing got there

tstone
03/30/2002, 10:06 AM
Setting up a 13 Gal nano
If anybody has live rock or any other goodys they can spare I'd be interested

Thanks in advance

T

chillypk
03/31/2002, 05:37 PM
Hey Tstone,

I just set up my 20gal micro also...

Whats your setup?

LR can be hella expensive - I know I just bought like $180 worth...prices out here are outragous!

I have a feeling I might have been burned...but don't really have anything to compare to - out here that is...

Lemme know how things are progressing!

- Phil

tstone
04/01/2002, 07:14 AM
Hey Chilly~My tank is a 13 G. made by CPR. I am going to run a 10G sump that I already had and use the back skimmer section for a refugium.

For lighting I have 2x32Watt PC. I will run a 13watt PC 24/7 on the fuge.

I am still setting up but I think by this weekend I should be up and running.

Yes rock is expensive, I am hopeing I can find some from a reefer and save a little. Wish me luck.

On my lighting I have one actinic and one day light. I wonder if a pair of 50/50 smartlights would be better?

On another subject are you going to the meeting in April?
If so want to carpool? The meeting should be a good place to score some frags or macros etc.

Gotta go

T

chillypk
04/01/2002, 09:52 AM
I'd be up for carpooling!

Hopefulling the mtg won't be on a weekend I'm travelling...

I'll be gone the second and last week this month.

As for my setup I'm going with a 20gal micro
HOT-1 skimmer, 4inch DSB, about 30pds LR
250W HQI (yes that much!) and going sumpless with macro...

Its only going to a be clown tank...
Well thats what I'm claiming at the moment...
And I'm overpowering the lights cuz of the anemone aspects.

Been reefing for about 5 years, saltwater for about 10+yrs...
Man have things changed!

Gonna be hell just looking at this LR for a month...

- Phil

tstone
04/01/2002, 02:26 PM
Phil~they are talking about the 20th I think for a meeting.

I thought about useing a skimmer. One came with the tank. I think I will try without one I can always add it later.

I think 250 HQI is good for what you are doing. If I could I would go with Metal Halide also.

I am also going with about 4 inch DSB and about 15-20 lbs LR.
I'll put some LR in the tank and some in the sump with DSB in the refugium, tank and sump.

When they get a firm date for the meeting we'll set a place and time to get together and pool down. Since you are in Framingham maybe along Rt.9 Natick area.

On a side note I noticed you like jazz. There is a place in Sudbury along Rt.20 called Bulfinchs that does a Sunday jazz brunch. I think they also do jazz Friday and Saturday Nights. Also there are a bunch of places in Cambridge that do jazz.

Anyway gotta go back to work
Marvin

chillypk
04/03/2002, 09:41 AM
Yep count me for the 20th - what time?

And how do I ask ppl to bring some sand samples?

- Phil

mikeroby1969
04/03/2002, 09:55 AM
Any day now someone will start the "Whos Bringing What?" post. When the post is up just ask for sand.. I can bring you a cup if you woud like.. Good stinky stuff too...

Mike

tstone
04/03/2002, 10:25 AM
Hey Mike~Hows the new fish and stuff you got from Tracy? I ended up with the 13 G. CPR. I hope to have it set for the meeting so when that "who's bring what" post starts I can participate. If you want to ride with Chilly and myself you could meet us around Rt 9 and 128 we could go down together. Up to you.

Phil I dont know what time. I think Moe will post date and time soon. then we can make a firm plan.

tstone

mikeroby1969
04/03/2002, 04:33 PM
Hey Marvin,

The stuff that I got from Tracy worked out great. I had to give away the LMB and the Cinnamon Clown because I already had one of each. The rock was beautiful and totally encrusted. I may take you up on that offer. Depends on a buddy of mine that may be going also.

Thanks,

Mike

tstone
04/06/2002, 10:07 AM
Phill,Mike~I can't go to the meeting on the 20th. My daughter just reminded me of a previous commitment to the family that I made for that day a long time ago. I am happy to be with my wife and kids but I'm still bumming.

May be after the dust settles from the swap I can get with you guys and buy or trade for some cleanup crew, live sand etc.

Hope you all have a good time and let me know how you did.
Tell Moe,Steve et al I said hello.

Thanks
Marvin:(