PDA

View Full Version : Date Change For Aquapets Seminar!!!

tom obrecht
01/17/2006, 01:10 PM
Hello All,

Due to a conflict, we have changed the seminar at Aquapets to Friday, January 27th at 7:00 PM. I hope this does still allow all to attend. Once again this will be open to the public. Cost will be $5.00 for non members and free to all current OMS members. Memberships will be available...$20/single and $30/family. Hope to see everyone on the 27th!

Tom

dfrizz1
01/18/2006, 01:03 AM
Tom,

Are seminars going to be a new trend for the marine society? How often will these seminars be? Who will be presenting these seminars? Does this mean less speakers during the year? What about tank tours? Do you have a breakdown of event ideas so people know what to expect. Non-members would be more likely to join if they knew the diversity of the events....thus making it easier to promote the club.

tom obrecht
01/18/2006, 10:15 AM
We will be getting more organized as time passes. Yes I plan to have more seminars as well as tank tours. Speakers will be mixed in throughout the year, but as of now I can't give you a definate how many and how often. A big part of continuing the out of town speakers will be the turnout to Anthony. I will be getting info to the local stores this week to promote the upcoming seminar and Anthony's talk as well. I think people need to understand that part of making a club work is getting onboard and involved. Waiting to see if the society works before supporting it is the wrong attitude. We have a great start so far this year and I truly believe it will be successful as long as we continue to talk to our friends about it. I'm trying to get the local stores more involved to not only help educate people in the hobby, but also help the stores as well. Tank tours have always been, in my opinion a highlight for people, for they get to see what others are doing, ask questions and socialize. Problem in the past is that no one volunteered on a regular basis. We do have a plan to get things moving, but as you can see the success of this is going to land on the shoulders of the members.
Tom