PDA

View Full Version : april meeting

deucejimmo
03/29/2002, 02:38 PM
This month our topic will be calcium additives. I dont know how far into the calcium, ph, alkilinity balance we will be going into so bring all your questions.

kgross
04/09/2002, 02:51 AM
Also remember the regular sand exchange. Bring in 8 ozes of sand from your tank, mix it with everybody elses sand and take 8 oz's back home with you.

Kim

kgross
04/12/2002, 12:12 AM
Just wanted to say thank you for everybody that was able to show up for the meeting. I think it went very well and Jims tank was looking very good tonight.

If anybody has any new questions from the meeting, please post them here, on my message board (www.jensalt.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi) or mail them out to the list at tvmas-l@jensalt.com

Kim

Idaho Bob
04/12/2002, 01:01 PM
I wanted to compliment Jim on his tank. I liked the design of the tank, with a wide expanse of sand, and a few rock islands. That is a nice change from "rock wall" type reef tanks.

Jim, do you top off with tap water, or RO?

Also, when your previous tank crashed, what parameter was out of whack? Nitate, Ca, alkalinity, pH, or what?

Thanks to Kim for a review of additives. I always learn stuff.

Bob

deucejimmo
04/12/2002, 10:56 PM
Idaho bob
When alll of the problems started I checked for everything i could test all of the parameters were good ph 8.3 alk3.5 meq/litre nitrate ,ammonia,and nitrate were all 0. my calcium was between 350 to 400 depending on when i tested it. Corals started not opening and deteriorated in about a month I pulled the plenum because I thought it was the problem . I still do not know what exactly the problem was but all of the fish died soon after. I tried to save a bunch of corals and fish by taking them to kim however they continud to die even in his tanks the only thing to surive was the scopas tang and he is still with me. Currently I use only R.O. D.I. water for top off and water changes.

deucejimmo
04/15/2002, 09:53 PM
fellas
speking of additives did everyone read shimik in the april FAMA on trace elements I found it pretty interesting.

Idaho Bob
04/16/2002, 09:21 AM
I don't get FAMA anymore. What did he have to say?