PDA

View Full Version : Good deal on salt.

cephalopoder
03/28/2002, 08:01 PM
This is a litte off subject but.... Right now if you buy a 200 gallon bucket of reef crystals you get a free minijet 404 pump inside. Great for mixing your salt or make a holding tank for your octo food. Heck you could even use this to start a mantis tank. Oopps did I say mantis in the ceph forum :rolleyes: I highly recomend the reef crystals. I have had the best results keeping keeping cephs with it. 200 gallons worth will get you through a lot of water changes and your ceph will love you.

Rudiger
03/28/2002, 09:50 PM
unfortunatly I already have a minijet 404 so that cant be an excuse for spending all my money on 200 gallons of salt. I still have a few bags of corallife salt. I hope you have not heard anything bad about this brand? On the bucket it says it is microprocessed to insure optimal amounts of calcium and magnesium :D

pat

cephalopoder
03/29/2002, 12:23 AM
There may be different brands of salt that work fine. Different species react to different brands of salt.I have not tried all brands. Tropic Marin is said to be a great salt. I think Colin uses it.
I almost learned a hard lesson a few months ago going to cheaper salt.I learned that the quality of water I make is the most important thing. So now I don't skimp. It could have been a bad batch of salt. My whole story about what happend is in a back post in this forum some where. The moral of my story was if you have some thing that works don't change.
For the 59 dollars I spent to have 200 gallons of salt deliverd and a free pump, it is a good deal to me.

schmunkel98
03/29/2002, 10:30 AM
Chris,

I use Tropic Marin for my tank. It is pharmaceutical grade salt and has worked out very well for me.

Mike

www.schmunkel.0catch.com