PDA

View Full Version : Have to share this with those who have not seen it

zooqi
01/12/2006, 11:55 AM
In a few week will be doing this again in the river. http://www.reefnest.com/general/38.jpg

Sherry34
01/14/2006, 07:57 PM
Where was this picture taken? And when?

zooqi
01/14/2006, 08:04 PM
Two or three years ago in Susquehanna River in Lock Haven, PA. After that did not find a photographer to take pictures because it was cold for them to stand with a jacket on watching us go in the hole and back again after 45 minutes to the same hole. I know I have pictures from the last year but not sure where they are at.

Sherry34
01/14/2006, 08:05 PM
And which crazy guy are you? :)

zooqi
01/14/2006, 08:22 PM
I'm the crazy one in the center and the other two are my students.

Stephany
01/17/2006, 12:05 PM
So what cool stuff down there? :)

zooqi
01/17/2006, 12:18 PM
Rocks, gras, tree branches, rocks, grass, tree branches, rock, grass, tree branches.. not much other than that and the coolest thing is when you exhale you the air goes under the eyes and you can move it around and play with it. It is also cool when you see a fish and you can get close to them and almost grab them and they won't swim far but that is if you are in an area that water is really cold. There are few places in the area where there are some wrecks but I won't take students and go under ice wreck diving. Is something so I can say I have done it and not that will do it every weekend. As for cold is not that cold under water as much as is outside the water and specially with what we wear. The only spot I have problem with my fingers and the rest of my body stayes warm.

hcahan
01/17/2006, 01:23 PM
Are you nuts? I'm freezing just looking at you. :)

zooqi
01/17/2006, 02:33 PM
That's what everybody else said including the photographer and to be honest I was warmer in my suit than he was in his jacket, hat, and special shoes.

Blugobi
01/18/2006, 05:59 PM
Zooqi...Did some Ice diving myself about 12 years ago, was an Instructor for over 5 years with PDIC..Did all the FingerLakes, some nice quarries in PA and spent 5 years throughout the Islands. Kinda miss the sport, to be honest. Best dive was off the Turks Caicos Islands, outter edge of Caribbean. We dove a Navy buoy that had hundreds of sharks and my Other favorite was the BlueHole off of Belize and Lighthouse reef. Ahh the good old days!!!!

zooqi
01/19/2006, 02:41 AM
Blugobi,
is never late to do fun dives in this area and if is not ice diving summer dives are not that bad too. Come in the summer (with free frags ) :D and we can do some scuba diving here. It looks like fun and seriouse diver there. I'm a PADI Master scuba instructor but don't do much teaching anymore. I can certify and up to date but don't have as much time as before.

MOX
01/20/2006, 11:26 AM
wow thats somthing else when the water was very low a couple years back nate and i went snorkling by the dam witch barly had water flowing over it at the time we found a mess of things fishing lures a boat anchor chicken wire traps for fishermen to get hung up on but as far as diving any deeper than 8 to 10 foot is un charted territory for us lol

zooqi
01/20/2006, 11:49 AM
I know what you mean as getting close to the dam. If you go to close water will pull you under it and it is kinda dangerous too. I did snorkle that area two years ago too but did not get too close to the dam. I teach water rescue and first thing I want to do is not get myself in trouble :d