PDA

View Full Version : OT: Need good homes for young cichlids

AquAsylum
01/11/2006, 04:12 PM
Our cichlids just won't stop breeding! It's very cool, except that our population is out of control. We have about 20 young fish (approx 2" long) that we would like to go to a good home. I just can't bear to dump them at an LFS with uncertain futures. Please let me know if you or anyone you know would like some of these fish. They are a variety of colors- about half are "orange blossom" variety with spots, others are dark now with flashes of bright blue and will hopefully be great specimens when they get bigger.

Laura

cmfowden5150
01/11/2006, 09:53 PM
Sent you a PM
Thanks

myakkareef
01/12/2006, 11:49 AM
Laura, glad to here you guys having such a great sucess with your Cichlids. I had a 60 gallon cichliid tank for awhile but when we moved, we downsized to just our little 25 freshy...

AquAsylum
01/12/2006, 08:13 PM
They're so easy compared to our saltwater tank! We moved them into our new 300 last night with a group of special species we ordered (although now they're all just silver/brown), and they are loving all of the space. Afer we get the lights up, I'll post some pictures.

Yes, we can actually keep a tank flourishing! The SW tank is actually doing pretty well. I'm still a major urchin fan. The ich is still there, but barely, and the only fish that occasionally shows spots is the hippo.

Hope everyone is doing well- we keep having things come up at the last minute that have kept us from the past few meetings.

Agu
01/13/2006, 09:13 PM
Laura,

Although I have no use for FW fish glad to see you're still around.