PDA

View Full Version : Neon Goby Jumped... Pj Cardinal Dead

ChrisMan123
01/10/2006, 04:16 PM
my neon goby jumped after having him successfully for 3 months in my 10g... and on top of that a few days ago my small PJ Cardinal disappeared probably dead and i think the serpent star ate him... it was my 2nd PJ but this time i fed him meaty frozen brine shrimp and flake mixed... but he still died and the neon has no reason of death... he just jumped and i wasnt home to save him...

Im pretty ****ed... now i have 1 antenna goby in my tank.. and he even jumped!! the first day i got him but i saved him... and hes doing fine...

Im thinking of building some sort of screen netting around the top of my tank since my lighting is on legs... like a fence sorta thing that can be removed easily to feed and stuff... so if the fish jump they hit a fence and fall back in... any ideas or help? or even experience in this type of build?

thanks

Mark426
01/10/2006, 05:07 PM
I have read that people are using the egg crate/light diffusers that you see on commercial fluorescent light fixtures. Places like Home Depot and Lowes usually has some.

Agu
01/10/2006, 05:52 PM
I have eggcrate over one tank but that isn't going to stop a small fish from jumping for long.

ChrisMan123
01/10/2006, 06:29 PM
yeah im thinking my idea might actually work... i'll have to try and see what happens.. i want a pair of clownfish but they are known to jump too... but most fish probably are... but i guess them jumping is better than dying in a cave i cant get to and decaying in my small tank... so yea thanks though

vanmo92
01/10/2006, 11:16 PM
that sux. Sorry. the screen should work. but make sure the smallest hole is smaller than your smallest fish.

ChrisMan123
01/11/2006, 07:13 AM
yeah... i think it will work and it'll be a very small holed screen