PDA

View Full Version : 1.5 gal

DemonFish
01/07/2006, 07:08 PM
Well, I decided not to let the 1.5 hex go to waste. I was debating going buying a 2.5 aga, but i said what the hell might as well use what i have.
I'm getting ready to purchase the light for it... and was curious if the 18watt coralife would be sufficient. I just plan on some shrooms, zoos, feather duster, and inverts. Nothing major. I had even thought of a mantis, but i'll need to do a little more research before i fully consider that route.

Carl_in_Florida
01/07/2006, 07:30 PM
I think that would be more than enough light for what you are considering.

Car;

DemonFish
01/07/2006, 08:05 PM
Cool deal, i've found some pretty good deals on them. The next plan is to go build a small protien Skimmer for the tank. I've looked at a lot of DIY plans and think it would be fairly simple to put together. Would it be possible to hide a heater in a DIY skimmer? I'm looking at a very basic counter flow skimmer air stone design and possibly a titanium/stainless steel heater from DRsF&S with the remote control to place inside it to keep it out of sight.

bigbenji
01/07/2006, 08:36 PM
The mantis will need extra attention. You'll need to pet it and cuddle it every day. When it slices your finger open post pictures for us.... :D

DemonFish
01/07/2006, 09:33 PM
HAHAH, i used to have pics of my FW blue lobster hanging onto my finger while i was dangling him over the tank and dripping blood (never attempt to clean tanks while intoxicated, no matter how dirty they look... ) but they got lost when my computer started impersonating a Wookie! Apparently my roommate thought it was hilarious and snapped off a few pics!