PDA

View Full Version : sand mixing

DemonFish
01/06/2006, 10:26 PM
Is it possible to mix dark and light sand to get a sort of marbled effect? Has anyone tried this? I have some left over black sand from my FW Blue Lobster tank and i was wondering if i could mix this with light colored LS, and what the result might be. The Black sand really shows a lot of poop (Snails are also in the tank and mulitiply like crazy, and get eatten almost as fast).
Sorry if this is a stupid question... i'm trying to get a mental image of what a mix of light and dark sand would look like (and i keep coming up with what i think would look like the salt and pepper)... Not sure if Salt and Pepper is the look i'm going for but let me know what you think.

surfnvb7
01/06/2006, 11:16 PM
go over to C&P in Cburg, they have sand packaged as "pacific indigo" that has white and black sand mixed together so you can get a feel for what it looks like. I have it, but don't like it anymore. I'd rather have a nice clean white sand bed, the black pebbles make it look kinda "dirty".

DemonFish
01/06/2006, 11:19 PM
thanks man, i'll have to stop in tomorrow... I'm picking up a lot of the stuff for the tank tomorrow, i think i'm going to go with a 2.5 aga... I have a gift certificate for Zooquatic, and i'll prolly end up hitting C&P before i go into work tomorrow afternoon. thanks again.