PDA

View Full Version : Help,Trouble in the 120

Reef_Dweller_69
01/05/2006, 10:55 PM
Ok heres the deal, theres a guy I am trying to help. He has a 120 with corals (mixed softies, musrooms, etc.). His water para for ammo, no2 and no3 are all good (0,0, and less than 5). The trouble is his PH is 8.8, cal is 300 and dkh is 22. He is using the kent pt c & b every 3 days, sometimes uses kalk (don't know why), as well as red sea coralgro occasionally. He aid about a month ago he started using kent liquid calcium concentrate and notice his coralline stopped growing and started fading (turning white. By the way I tested his water. I adviced him to stop adding the chemicals to his tank and do a at least a 25% water change let the tank be for a week and not put anything except food in the tank.

1) did I advice him corrrect?
2) what do you think is the problem?

zooqi
01/06/2006, 01:12 AM
He was using Kalk to raise his PH and calcium. How is his tank looking ? Is that Chris ?

Reef_Dweller_69
01/06/2006, 02:01 AM
oh no this guy owns a nail shop in larkville. An asian guy named Dan.

Reef_Dweller_69
01/06/2006, 02:05 AM
Actually I just met him in the LFS. I ran the test for him he brought his water to the store and showed me what he was using. He has lost his coralline, but water is clear and nothing is dying except ph through the roof and cal is way low and dkh is off the chart. I haven't had a chance to get to his shop to llook at the tank though

zooqi
01/06/2006, 10:33 PM
I know Dan and have met him in the past too. Please keep us updated if you get a chance to go to the shop.

Reef_Dweller_69
01/06/2006, 10:54 PM
I will try to get over there. He didn't call me yet, but I hope he does what I told him to. He is adding to many chemicals to that tank.They are all conteracting each other. I don't maybe I am wrong but it only makes sense to me.

zooqi
01/07/2006, 12:08 AM
Too many chemicals can cause problems too but he might not be adding much of them. You want to check the system and see where he is at. I do remember getting him a bulkhead a while ago and he seems to be a nice guy too.

Reef_Dweller_69
01/07/2006, 12:21 AM
Yeah he is a nice guy. Very friendly. I hope I never have to add chemicals to my tank, but I know oneda y i might have to for some reason.