PDA

View Full Version : Current Protein Skimmer

jap1
01/05/2006, 07:09 PM
Hello all. I have the nano protein skimmer for my Current 12 gallon aquapod but had a really tough time fitting it in the back. Is it not meant to go in one of these chambers? Has anyone successfully and properly fitted their skimmer in the back? Mine is just stuffed in the second chamber (the one next to the sponge). Also because of how low the light cover is, it pushes the skimmer below the desirable water level. How are all of you using yours?

kjoz
01/05/2006, 09:24 PM
I would like to know as well, if anyone has this skimmer and does anyone have a solution to jap1's problem?
Thank you

reefwick
01/05/2006, 09:58 PM
Hmmmm, I have the 12 gallon jbj model and it fit fine. I was looking at the aquapods at the LFS today and the chambers look similar.

I mean they don't just slip in. They were made for the aquapod so what exactly is the problem??? You have to turn the pump up on its end so the tube end of the pump is closest to the surface. You might need to take a little piece of sand paper in the elbows to get a more snug fit. It has worked incredibly well for me. Post back if I can help any more.