PDA

View Full Version : High Flow in a Small Bowfront?

mokujin22
01/05/2006, 07:09 PM
hey all,

does anyone here have a small bowfront with high flow (26gal or 36 gal)? i have a 26 gallon and have the following pumps:

-MJ 600 in the back left corner about 6" off the substrate, blowing straight across the back glass (on "Natural" wave timer)
-(2) MJ 900s in the front top corners, blowing diagonally back (on "Natural" wave timer)
-SEIO 820 in the top back left corner, blowing forward diagonally
-MAG 5 sump return pump (dialed down) pushing out about 300 gph on a SQWD in the corners blowing in diagonally. (no real effect compared to the pumps above)

the problem is that I am having trouble getting hard flow across the top of my tank. I have rockwork stacked 3/4 up the tank. It seems that the SEIO is hitting the bowed front and rolling around the tank, rather than bouncing off as it would a normal tank. this creates a bit of turbulence up front when it hits the small MJ that blows across the back. but seeing as how my SPS are up top, i'd like to get the most turbulence up there.

i have thought about putting the SEIO in the top front left, shooting against the back glass, but it is rather large and unsightly as is in the back.

sorry there isn't a diagram. i know that it would help. i'll post a picture later.

yeah, i know... really obscure question, but figured i'd give it a shot.

thanks in advance,
tony.