PDA

View Full Version : Chad & Tina - Macro Question

mtellin
03/26/2002, 09:38 AM
Hey I was wondering what kind of macros you guys gave me again(I remember the red stuff was tang heaven red) Whatever that thicker stuff is, it grows like mad!! theres 3 pieces of it that are almost 2 feet long now! Wish I had a 150 watt Iwaski for my refugium, maybe that will be a project for the summer :beer:

tcaquati
03/26/2002, 11:16 AM
Mike it is a prolifera type, don't have a compleate id yet. Yes it is very fast growing!!!! YOur tang should love it ours does. You don't need a 150 it grows well under a NO 20watt bulb! Has it affected the growth of the tang heaven? it seems that is is in one of our tanks, but not sure. we have more if anybody else wants some.

C&T
:D

Turf
03/26/2002, 08:13 PM
I DO I DO, I just about got my ref, set up. Should be going in a week or so. Oh ya and your lovely hermit "Bart" you know the BIG one. Well it is going in my sump/tank. It found a 3" shell that it loves to use like a battering ram/bat to literally hit my corals like a line drive right off the rocks!!! I'm beginning to think that it is seeking them out.

tcaquati
03/26/2002, 08:42 PM
turf,

When are you gonna be in SF? We have to caulpera's one prolifera type & 1 razor type, not positive id's:) They are both growing fast. your foxface will also probably enjoy them. Glad to hear that bart is keeping you entertained you could always take bets one which coral he will hit:D

C&T

Lunchbucket
03/27/2002, 06:46 PM
i'm gonna be in SF friday afternoon if you are gonna be there and someone needs me to pick them up something

goind to get my mom's Oceanic 30gal Hex tank :D gotta love i am gettting them in on it too :D

Lunchbucket

mtellin
03/27/2002, 07:08 PM
Mike it is a prolifera type, don't have a compleate id yet. Yes it is very fast growing!!!! YOur tang should love it ours does. You don't need a 150
it grows well under a NO 20watt bulb! Has it affected the growth of the tang heaven? it seems that is is in one of our tanks, but not sure. we
have more if anybody else wants some.

C&T
I dont think it has affected the growth of the tang heaven, however Ive never had macro before so I have nothing to base it on, all the other macro kinda stays in a ball in the back corner of my fuge :) But the other stuff goes everywhere!