PDA

View Full Version : Marine aquarium book

scissorsfishors
12/28/2005, 09:53 PM
Hey guys, I wanted to share a book that I got for Christmas. Its called The Marine Aquarium by Dick Mills. Its a good reference for someone new to the hobby. it seems to cover just about everything that I've ever had questions on. And Aaron said it was a cool book - so thats a good enough OK for me. :)

Oh and thanks to zooqi and fishesRdelicious for drilling my tank. Can't wait to see the diy instructs for that!

fishesRdelicious
12/28/2005, 10:00 PM
finally your first post, i have been waiting. haha
that book did seemed cool when i looked at it. how much of it did you read, hopefully enough that you wont have to ask me every question in the world!

scissorsfishors
12/28/2005, 10:06 PM
hey! some of us don't like to be post hogs! haha.

I've read the first twenty pages or so. There's some stuff on osmoregulation, protein skimmers, filtration, corals, breeding, types of fish to get and placement of rock and types of setups. It's probably pretty basic for all you guys but for a beginner its a good source of general overview info all in one place. and it wasn't that expensive. :)

zooqi
12/28/2005, 11:16 PM
Hello there, it is good to see you here. The book (The Encyclopedia of the Marine Aquarium) is a great biggginer book and nice colors too.
You are welcome and hope to see you here more often. Your tank was a good project for pictures of DIY. It will be added our DIY website and to teach others how to drill tanks. I'm sure FisheRyucky :D :D learned and he should be able to drill next tanks by himself in the future.
fisherRdelicious : thanks for your help today and if you need any tank to practice drilling then please feel free to take some tanks I have here and practice on them. You can take Fred's tank but I don't think much area left to bractice on :D :d
(for those who know Fred from Hegins meeting they know him as a tank cracker (he cracked 10 gallon tank at that day) but today he cracked 120 gallon tank (what a waste).

zooqi
01/01/2006, 11:46 PM
Here is the DIY on how we drilled your tank.
drill the tank (http://reefnest.com/diy/drillingtank/index.html)

scissorsfishors
01/02/2006, 08:54 AM
the diy looks great. Thanks again for drilling the tank. I can't wait to get it set up. fishesRdelicious is coming down to help me in two weeks. Maybe we can take some pictures of the set up for a diy.

scissorsfishors
01/02/2006, 09:02 AM
Mo, after I get the 40 gallon tank set up and get everything eventually moved over to the new tank, would you be interested in my 12 gallon nano for a school or something?

zooqi
01/02/2006, 09:42 AM
you are welcome and sure can use that nano and will trade you with some stuff for your tank. Yeah, pictures will be great of before and after.