PDA

View Full Version : FishGeeek Hammer Frags?

Treble
03/23/2002, 09:12 PM
I would like to have one, would you like to trade if you have any extra ones?

I have to trade:
Razor Algae
Red Mushroom
Ricordia Mushroom

How big are the frags? would they do well at the top of a tank with 2 13W PC 50/50? If not, thanks anyways, bye

FishGeeek
03/25/2002, 09:33 AM
I should have a few, but they will be small.
The skeleton will be about 1/8" to 1/4" across. Expanded will be about 1/4" to 1/2". I think it should be fine under the lights.

Brian

Exocet
03/25/2002, 11:40 AM
My hammer is gonna start getting around now eh? :)

I may start fragging the parent colony again soon. I flipped it upside down on Saturday, and the amount of babies underneath is INSANE.

Treble, I live in Highlands Ranch. I could probably get you a decent size frag. ;)

Eric

FishGeeek
03/25/2002, 01:51 PM
I got mine from Exo about 2 years ago. It was about the size of a quarter. Now its about 8" round and has an "insane" about of babies. My problem is I cant mount my frags because I have flat worms. Trading an unmounted frag is the only way I can be sure you dont get any flat worms.

Brian

MayerKT
03/25/2002, 03:39 PM
I guess I'm not really up to date on LPS asexual reproduction......what exactly does it look like with an insane amount of babies? I don't get it.....

Exocet
03/25/2002, 03:51 PM
Basically, on the underside on the coral, you get a lot of baby "buds" They grow out of the base of the main coral. This hammer is a branching type. So, if you want a frag, all ya need to do is turn it over, and get some wire cutters, and snip one or two off. Easy! :)

Eric

FishGeeek
03/26/2002, 11:15 PM
Babies!

FishGeeek
03/26/2002, 11:17 PM
Babies!

http://fishgeeek.homestead.com/files/Dcp_3292b.jpg

Exocet
03/27/2002, 12:23 AM
Brian, Great PIC!

Oh how I WISH I had a digital camera to take a shot of the underside of mine. :)

Eric

MayerKT
03/27/2002, 01:30 PM
Whoa! Those look crazy! Man.....I can't wait to get one :D

Thanks for the pic brian....it makes much more sense to me now.

SeaMatt Nematocyt
03/28/2002, 01:45 PM
Yeah good picture.
I tried posting earlier at home but my weak dial up could not hack it. So here I sit behind my 10meg pipe at work. Mauhahaha

Karin,
Remember back in the biology labs where we saw a unicellular organism split from one cell into 2 and then 4 and so on? Some things split like that as well. Recall my candy cane corals in my tank? They grown like that. Spliting from one polyp into 2 and eventually calcificating into its own branch.
The hammer is crazy looking though. I am wondering how those little nuggets grow when it is on the bottom of the hammer without light.

Laters