PDA

View Full Version : Where is Everyone?

Aquatic Aquaman
12/19/2005, 02:40 PM
Just wondering where everyone is lately? The forum has been pretty slow. Everyone working on getting their Holiday Shopping done?

jenghes
12/19/2005, 02:56 PM
My ISP at home is intermittant at best :( Lot's of shopping and the stop ship going on keeping me busy at work.

weimers75
12/19/2005, 09:26 PM
I'm starting to think this is just a forum for the three of us to chat with each other:)

jenghes
12/19/2005, 09:27 PM
Perhaps :) It looks like my ISP is working again. It sucked trying to hi-jack the neighbors wireless. The signal was weak :)

SHOPPING IS DONE!!!!!!!! YIPPIE I hate shopping.

Briney Dave
12/20/2005, 06:37 AM
I am still morning the loss of my naso: I was ill on Friday and Sat. I come in on Sunday and he was gone. (as in I can't find a trace)

jenghes
12/20/2005, 06:55 AM
I am so sorry about your loss. That sucks.

Briney Dave
12/20/2005, 07:01 AM
I wish I had a clue about his death, He was eating fine, looked fine, active swimmer, constant water conditions

I am not the brightest bulb on the string but I am at a loss (plus the 70 bucks)

jenghes
12/20/2005, 07:06 AM
I had the same thing happen with a yellow tang. The best guess that I have is the the clean up crew got to him before I did.

Briney Dave
12/20/2005, 07:12 AM
very likely the case, I just would like to know for sure and more importantly the cause of the death. I am planning a bank of water changes which started yesterday to turn over the bulk of the tank. two-fold reasoning one to remove his nutrients and two to hedge against the unknown cause

closed casket visiting will be posted soon

jenghes
12/20/2005, 07:19 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6322281#post6322281 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Briney Dave

closed casket visiting will be posted soon

lol

Aquatic Aquaman
12/20/2005, 08:33 AM
Thats so Morbid! Sorry for your loss Briney!

I'm hoping things will pick up on our forum once we get incorporated and start holding regular monthly or Bi-Monthly meetings.

Jen do you need for me to take back over finishing the By-Laws?

I'm not liking our website. After looking at a few dozen other reef clubs and Non-Profit Organizations I'm going to scrap what I have and start over. Next week I'm taking a week off of work to relax a bit and I'll try to develop something a little more friendly. Jen I'll add in the pictures of your tank that you sent me that I didn't incorporate into the website yet. If Anyone else wants picture of their baby's to flash up on the site when people visit please send me a PM and I'll send you the address to send the pictures.

jenghes
12/20/2005, 08:37 AM
Nope, I'll get 'em done. Just had a hick-up because of timing. concentrate on the website. I think that will help us get more people joining in than the by-laws themselves.

I'll send some more pics :)

weimers75
12/20/2005, 11:11 AM
I had the same thing happen to a sailfin tang. Just disappeared. I couldn't find him anywhere, and I have no idea what happened to him. I'm hoping it wasn't the brittle star, but he's pretty small so I don't think he did.

Aquatic Aquaman
12/20/2005, 11:27 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6323362#post6323362 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by weimers75
I had the same thing happen to a sailfin tang. Just disappeared. I couldn't find him anywhere, and I have no idea what happened to him. I'm hoping it wasn't the brittle star, but he's pretty small so I don't think he did.

Do you need another Sailfin one thats tough and can kick butt in a tank? Mine needs a bigger tank then what I have he's about 8 inches in length very healthy except for some super glue currently on his eye, which most of it has come off now.

ohioreef
12/23/2005, 06:30 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6320220#post6320220 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tjghes
Perhaps :) It looks like my ISP is working again. It sucked trying to hi-jack the neighbors wireless. The signal was weak :)

SHOPPING IS DONE!!!!!!!! YIPPIE I hate shopping.

There are plans on the internet for making an antenna out of a pringles can. ;)

People like you are why my wireless is unavailable to anyone but me!!

On a related note, I was driving around the county the other night and was amazed at the number of wide open wireless connections there are!! It only takes a couple simple steps to lock out your connection to all but the most determined hackers.

jenghes
12/23/2005, 07:48 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6343263#post6343263 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ohioreefer
There are plans on the internet for making an antenna out of a pringles can. ;)

People like you are why my wireless is unavailable to anyone but me!!

On a related note, I was driving around the county the other night and was amazed at the number of wide open wireless connections there are!! It only takes a couple simple steps to lock out your connection to all but the most determined hackers.

Come on, I am not that bad. I asked him if I could use it first. We are pretty close to our neighbors. I too have mine unavailable to others.

ohioreef
12/23/2005, 08:00 AM
Well, that's different!! :)

What you 2 need to do is just split the cost of one connection and then just share it.

It is amazing, though, how many people don't secure their connections. I secured mine as soon as I realized how far it actually reached!!

jenghes
12/23/2005, 08:54 AM
I would, but the signal is a bit weak from next door. I can get it, but my connection is much slower. Like you, I don't like to leave mine open anyway.

I know mine goes outside, I just don't know how far. I can pick up the neighbors behind me and across the street, plus a few others (I can't tell for sure whose they are because they set up a funky name).

weimers75
12/23/2005, 10:06 AM
I wish I could take him. My tank's only a 75, mine was really small, about 2.5 inches.

ohioreef
12/23/2005, 01:26 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6343567#post6343567 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tjghes
(I can't tell for sure whose they are because they set up a funky name).

So they changed the SSID, but failed to turn off the SSID Broadcast?!? Well, duh!!! Changing the SSID doesn't do a whole lot of good if you don't turn off the broadcast!!

jenghes
12/23/2005, 02:00 PM
Yeah, dummies, huh?

Aquatic Aquaman
12/26/2005, 07:06 PM
You guys do realize that it is Illegal to steel a Neighbors Wireless connection even if it is wide Open. There was a court case on this not to long ago where a neighbor stole internet access and the neighbor who had it open took him to court and won. I read it in Yahoo News a couple of months ago.

jenghes
12/26/2005, 09:00 PM
not stealing when you ask permission :)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6343375#post6343375 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tjghes
Come on, I am not that bad. I asked him if I could use it first. We are pretty close to our neighbors. I too have mine unavailable to others.

Aquatic Aquaman
12/27/2005, 09:00 AM
Yeah I saw you posted that I was just making a note on it! ;) You have to put the disclaimer in there since the deputy's in the room!

Aquatic Aquaman
12/27/2005, 09:05 AM
I once was running two wireless networks in my place one that was a closed connection and one that was wide open. I put my junky computer on the one that was wide open and was just logging computers loging into my network to see which neighbors are steeling since their are a bunch of open connections where I'm at and the funny thing is when I was on my computer and someone else was using my network I would browse their computers since they were on my network and most of them had their computers wide open sharing out their C drives. Some of my neighbors I knew I would send them a Net send message that would pop up and say something like "Critical Error your sharing my network now stop or I'll format your C drive." Just to scare them its quite fun. I use to do that alot when I live on campus when I was still in College and I remember the reactions to some of the kids that lived on my floor.

ohioreef
12/27/2005, 11:54 AM
That's too funny!! Did you ever figure out which ones were doing it and approach them about it?

I had debated putting a better antenna on mine and offering to the neighbors on a $/mth basis. :) Of course I'm sure my ISP would have a cow if they found out!!

Aquatic Aquaman
12/27/2005, 03:04 PM
I knew who was doing it because they were stupid enough to name their computers after themselves. Unlike mine which are all places from LOTR.