PDA

View Full Version : Caeto - Time to trim

jenghes
12/19/2005, 08:41 AM
It is time to trim my Chaeto. Anyone want some?

MACDad
12/21/2005, 08:20 PM
If you haven't already trimmed it, I could use some. I will be building a refugium for my 75, but it won't be ready for a couple weeks. If you still have some Chaeto, I will take some. I can put it in my display until the refugium is ready. Let me know.

Thanks,
Fred

jenghes
12/21/2005, 09:05 PM
I have not trimmed. I can save it and you can let me know when you are ready. Was thinking of e-bay'ing some too, locals get it first though :)

MACDad
12/22/2005, 07:49 AM
Since I noticed some Hair algae growing in my 75 this morning, I would say the sooner the better. I will just make a little holder and put it in my display.

I am off all next week. Let me know if anytime works next week.

Thanks,
Fred

jenghes
12/22/2005, 08:16 AM
I am off all next week too. I will ship as well (Chaeto is free, but I ask that you cover the shipping)

MACDad
12/22/2005, 09:07 AM
Shipping would be great. Do you know how much it would be? I can give you my address.

Do you have a Paypal account (making payment easier)?

Thanks,
Fred

jenghes
12/22/2005, 10:37 AM
yup, I'll check shipping, USPS will probably be cheapest. I'll PM you my paypal name and I'll need your address to ship to :)

weimers75
01/02/2006, 09:58 PM
MacDad, just so you know the Chaeto won't attach to anything, and you can let it grow in your tank until your fuge is ready. I did that with mine, and when the fuge was ready I just pulled it out and put it in the fuge.

MACDad
01/04/2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks Weimers75. I knew that. I was just afraid that the crabs would eat it. Not sure if they have a taste for it or not.

BTW... My fuge is built and the chaeto is in it. All seems to be going well. Thanks again Jen.

Fred

Aquatic Aquaman
01/06/2006, 03:47 PM
How fast does your chaeto grow? Mine doesn't seem like its changed since I added it to my tank. Do you add any additional Nuturiantsto your water to feed your chaeto?

jenghes
01/06/2006, 04:05 PM
Mine grows at a decent rate. I sold off about 6 sandwich baggies full in August and was just left with a small amount. I am now cutting back again and gave away a quart bag of it and still have plenty to spare.

When did you add yours? I do not add anything to specifically feed it. I do dose a bit of kalk in my topoff water and very occasionally throw a bit of DT's to my clam. Other than that, no dosing.

Aquatic Aquaman
01/10/2006, 08:18 AM
I added mine when I got that sandwich bag from you whenever that was.

Aquatic Aquaman
01/10/2006, 08:19 AM
I'm trying a new light over my sump now to see if that helps in the growth. Does your turn around in the current in your sump or does it stay pretty stationary?