PDA

View Full Version : Thanks James........

Agu
12/17/2005, 09:19 PM
Thanks for hosting, your tank has come a long way in the last year.

Also thank you for the anthelia frag. It's not the happiest frag in my tank at the moment but that'll change as it acclimates.

Eric and Jake, glad you could make it. Hope the frags got acclimated OK .

:thumbsup:

coyoteseven
12/17/2005, 09:43 PM
James, thanks for hosting, like Agu said, your tank has come a long way in a year. Man, that was one sweet clam! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the anthelia frags and the shrooms. After a quick acclimation, the shrooms popped right up, though the anthelia still wants to pout a little... I'm sure they'll come around soon.

Also, it was nice meeting you, Eric & Jake, welcome to ACROS! It's nice to see our numbers growing everyday.

It was a wonderful afternoon and I enjoyed seeing everyone again... can't wait 'til next month!

jakes39reef
12/17/2005, 10:01 PM
thanks guys, im happy i came, thats the most coral ive ever got at once.:D every thing is doing great but how should i attach the colt coral frag? whats the toothpick trick?
also is there any other way to attach the anthelia frag i dont have any gel superglue.it was real nice to see all of you in person, definitly cant wait till next month

coyoteseven
12/17/2005, 10:16 PM
You can use a plastic pick to stab through the coral, then superglue the pick in a hole or crack in the rock to hold it in place until it attaches on its own. Then you break or cut off the rest of the pick and the coral will grow over the end in time. It's one of the methods used to mount slimier (sp) corals that a straight glue job may not hold. You can also sew it to a piece of rock.

Here's a link to an old Reefkeeping magazine article on various mounting methods that may help you out:

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-10/ac/feature/index.php

Agu
12/17/2005, 10:47 PM
....also is there any other way to attach the anthelia frag .....

I just used a rubberband to hold it on a piece of rubble.

Colts are tough to get to attach, the toothpick trick works, sometimes.

Good luck and welcome to the club,

coyoteseven
12/17/2005, 10:54 PM
I've had the best luck with sewing softies to a small piece of rubble... unfortunately, I was out of rubble when I fragged this bunch. Time to make a special trip to the beach, I guess.

omnity
12/17/2005, 10:57 PM
I want to thank everyone, especially james, for their hospitality today (oh, by the way, this is eric from the meeting... this is my first post on RC) it was great to speaking to others about the hobby in person (instead of through text as I'm use to). I'm very much looking forward to next month's meeting and am considering offering my services as host if the need arises.

Agu
12/18/2005, 11:07 AM
Eric,

[welcome]

myakkareef
12/18/2005, 08:39 PM
James, sorry I am latte in saying THANKS..It was a crazy weekend, usually not looking Forward toMonday but an it might be nice..All the frags I got from you are doing great..Also Thanks Larry for your frags,my colt and speckeled leather seem real happy. On the colt I useda toothpick through it then rubber band the toothpick to a rock. They will attach fairly fast...
James I did not see your tank last time, but I am very impressed with it. I know you have put alot of yor effort into it. Thank your folks for allowing use all there and for cooking...Keep up the good work...

sandman12
12/18/2005, 09:45 PM
Glad everyone had a good time. Meeting seemed to go well and everyone went home with frags.

Agu
12/20/2005, 08:25 PM
The anthelia is finally coming around, thanks again.

multi striped 12
12/20/2005, 11:27 PM
Patriots 28 Bucs 0
Sorry I missed your meeting James.
I was up in Foxboro looking at ....hmm... lets see, reef related ..ok new chillers..... Or the Bucs were fraged in Foxboro...Hopefully they will attach themselves against Atlanta

Agu
12/22/2005, 10:33 PM
Are these Patriots and Bucs you speak of reef safe ?

:confused:

;)

multi striped 12
12/23/2005, 09:26 PM
both are very large corals
whose color change with geography
tend to be agressive towards others for four hours once a week

jakes39reef
12/25/2005, 07:23 PM
lol