PDA

View Full Version : Which fish to go with

hartman
03/21/2002, 03:17 PM
Hello All,

I am working on my breeding system and reading all the books :) I plan on starting with a 40G breeder plumbed into a 20G Sump and 55G reef tank. The 40G breeder will also be a frag tank.

So I have decided to make is a dedicated tank to only one fish type. I will have LR and a DLSB and only snails in this tank. I was thinking of either Royal Gramma or Purple Fire fish (goby).

Has anyone tried any of these fish? I have read that I will need 4-5 RG, and idea on the Fire?

Thanks
Hartman

FMarini
03/21/2002, 04:28 PM
Hi:
So let me get this straight your asking if you can breed the grammas and or firefish gobies in this set-up. Most liekl yes, its certinaly large enuf and should hav stable water chems.

if your interested in breeding gramma please do a search in this forum and look for posts from Minh. He has done this w/in the past 6 months.
As far as breeding the firefish. To my knowledge that has been done and two reports are at the breders registry. I don't think they were the purple firefish, its was the common firefish but these should be the same.
I don't recall anyone here asking that question in quite awhile.
work is real busy today, so i'll have to be brief
frank

hartman
03/22/2002, 01:00 PM
Thanks Frank,

I have read the posts on the Royal G so I'm pretty sure I can give it a try. I just want to see if anyone has tried the Purple Fire Fish.

Thanks
Hartman

FMarini
03/22/2002, 01:09 PM
hartman:
As I mentioned i would check out the breeders registry.
It does have a article there on breeding purple fire fish
http://breeders-registry.gen.ca.us/cgi-bin/swishsearch.pl?Nemateleotris+decora

frank