PDA

View Full Version : Vendor Table charges at Swap

Gerde
12/14/2005, 01:52 PM
I'm proposing the following for vendors at the swap:

8 foot tables: $50.00. GRMAS will provide a free table to those vendors donating $75.00 or more retail value in livestock or dry goods to be raffled off to the participants

At our meeting we said that vendors would get a free table with a $50 donation of goods. I think the $50 cash vs. $75 retail value is a better deal for us and more defined break for a vendor to decide. If we said $50 in goods or $50 cash, no vendor would ever pay us cash. With the $75/$50 break, there is at least the possibility that a vendor would decide that straight cash would be the way to go. Also with their retail markup, we would be getting closer to $50 in goods to raffle off if they went that way.

Thoughts?

robmacy
12/15/2005, 05:12 PM
$75 sounds kinda steep. I'd check to see what other frag swap table fees were on past swaps on MIreefers. I was thinking about getting a table for myself since I have about 100lbs of agrocrete to unload and a bunch frags/drygoods.

tanglovers
12/15/2005, 09:56 PM
Rob- The $75 mentioned was for donation for FREE tables for VENDORS. This is not the price for individuals selling items.

Gerde- I understand your idea for different prices...just want to make sure we don't scare someone off. We want this to be a huge success for future events/ to show off our club's potential.

robmacy
12/16/2005, 01:10 PM
sorry. misread it. i agree that you should label it well so people know the difference. i was scared a bit. :rolleyes: