PDA

View Full Version : anyone know cephsource?

Rudiger
03/20/2002, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know when cephsource will be up and running again? Right now their webpage is completly blank, do they possibley have a new website I havnt found? I would love to get a captive raised octopus instead of wild caught for my next octopus.

pat

OctoMonkey
03/20/2002, 05:08 PM
Hi

I heard that they were gone for good........ just hear say of course :)

colin

cephalopoder
03/20/2002, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't expect to see ceph source around for a long time if ever again. I thin John Forsythe is just too busy. Your best chance for a bimac is fishsupply. They are the only reliable place I know of that can get you a heathy bimac.
I do have a connection for sexed female bimaculoides and if I could get a male I would attempt to breed them myself. I haven't taught Jack yet how to sex them and its kind of tricky over the phone or in email lol.
On the other hand I just bought a AquaC ev-400 skimmer and thats one step closer to the completion of my 180 gallon cuttle/octo breeding tank.:smokin:

Rudiger
03/20/2002, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by cephalopoder

On the other hand I just bought a AquaC ev-400 skimmer and thats one step closer to the completion of my 180 gallon cuttle/octo breeding tank.:smokin:

Sounds like in interesting project! Are cuttle harder to breed than octos?

schmunkel98
03/21/2002, 01:24 AM
Sounds like a good item to take pictures of for that web site Chris! (HINT HINT HINT!!!) In the meantime post some bimac pics!

Mike

www.schmunkel.0catch.com

cephalopoder
03/21/2002, 10:55 AM
Well breeding both are a challenge. Sexing is the hard part. Cuttles are a litte harder to sex.
The young hatch into 1cm babies and will feed only on live food and can be real choosy. Breeding is some thing I always wanted to try. I should have enough room in the 180 and I will have a 75gln sump. The tank will be pretty bare with the sump doing most of the filtration. The 180 is acrylic so that may be a pain in the butt to clean. I have a 13 gln acrylic for one of my mantis tanks and that is a pain to clean. This is why I am not going to have any live rock in the tank and have all the filtration in the sump. All water will run through a UV unit before returning to the tank.
A fine sand bottom and some pvc toys will be all thats in the tank.
The breeding idea is a long term project. Who knows. I might find that O.cyanea first.

:bum:

OctoMonkey
03/21/2002, 04:31 PM
Game on Chris!

Race you too cyanea!:D