PDA

View Full Version : New Lion

Big Lance
03/20/2002, 02:19 PM
I just put a Dendrochirus zebra in my 20 gallon fowlr two days ago(monday). I am wondering about feeding him. I put a few ghost shrimp in the tank yesterday (tuesday) but he didnt show much interest. Should I just wait it out for a while till he gets hungry, or should I be worrying at this point. My plan was to do the normal live food for a couple of weeks and then train with krill or silver sides. All the water parameters are 0. I have a AquaC remora and live rock doing a fabulous job of fitration. Frank- thanks for the advice a while back on lions, I really like the looks of the zebra. Thanks for any advice.
-Lance

FMarini
03/20/2002, 05:48 PM
Lance;
give him a few days to settle in the tank, then entice him w/ ghost shrimp. I would feed him live ghost for about 2 weeks, make sure his belly is full and he's fat/happy.
Then time to starve him and ween him over.
My secret w/ zebras....PE mysis shrimp, thawed and blown in front of him w/ a turkey baster. For a small lions its real hard to find small enuf silversides, that would be my other choice.
great luck w/ these fish. i love the dwarfs
frank

Big Lance
03/20/2002, 06:00 PM
Thanks Frank, will do. I suppose I'm just overly excited. I'll go ahead and wait till thursday or friday to buy anymore shrimp. I appreciate the calming advice. :D