PDA

View Full Version : Web cam going again

schmunkel98
03/19/2002, 02:40 PM
Hey everyone,

My web cam is up and going again. Right now it only has a view of my damsels swimming around, but I will get an octopus in sometime this week. Go to http://www.schmunkel.0catch.com/webcam/ and check it out if you get a chance. Make sure you have the latest version of your browser since it runs a streaming video. The faster your connection, the better the frame rate on the video will be. I will try to have the camera on every day from noon until 5:00 PM Central Time. Enjoy!

Mike

www.schmunkel.0catch.com

Rudiger
03/20/2002, 03:48 PM
:p Hey mike, can you tell me how to set up a web came like that? I have a color quick cam. Id love to set up a webcam of my tank. I have quite a bit of computer knowledge, so you dont need to go too in depth in your explaination, if you have the time :D . Thanks

pat

schmunkel98
03/20/2002, 05:00 PM
Well, I have a program called webcam32(get it at www.surveyorcorp.com) that handles the serverpush part of it. All I had to do was to configure the program and set up the java applet on my web page to handle it. You would have to have at least a cable modem connection to do this, but I would advise DSL. You also need to make sure that your web page can support the java server push technology, since not all of them do. The program comes with a good amount of online documentation, so setting it up was fairly easy. The program only cost like $30 when I got it, so it was well worth it. I have a quickcam pro, so it has a pretty good picture quality. I'm hanging it on the side of the tank for the best chance of a close-up view. Too far away and you can't see much at all. Let me know how it goes, and I can even help with the setup.

Mike

www.schmunkel.0catch.com