PDA

View Full Version : DIY 90g canopy

sarduci
12/06/2005, 05:10 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm going to be building a canopy for my 90g tank to house my 2 MH pendents since I'm sick of the weird looks my neighbors give me like i'm growing "something" in my room....... You should see their faces when I say it's just my fish tank......:rolleyes:

Is anyone interested in me writting this up? I promise not to show any pictures if I hack any digits off......

jmkarcz
12/09/2005, 03:55 PM
I get that, And I have a hood. I put some 1" vents in the top, for the entire width. When the 50/50 and atinics shine on the wall/corner and ceiling, it will make anyone on the sidewalk out front give a moment of pause....

Jason

sidd129
12/13/2005, 02:55 AM
I'm just glad that fish prefer blue over red.

sarduci
12/21/2005, 12:16 AM
My firefish is so freakin' calm he makes my clown golby look spastic........ So, this has been pushed off until after I get my (semi)auto top off done and my RO/DI stuff figured out.

Still have to get that do-hickey hooked up to raise my water temp..... *sigh* too much to do and not enough time.....

piti-u
12/29/2005, 01:35 PM
I'm going to be doing the same for my 75. I have 2 MH pendants that I'm putting in there along with my coralife aqualight PC's which i've already taken apart and rewired individually.
What are your plans? I have yet to see good plans for a nice hood.
Here's what I'm thinking- I'm going to make a base that sits over the aquarium. Then i'm going to make a box that sits on top of that which is in two sections. The sections will be hinged together so I can "fold" one side onto the other when I want to get inside or completely remove them if I want. This way I will still have light in the tank when I'm working on it.
I saw one design that hinges in the back which isn't bad and a heck of a lot easier but I like to work with light in my tank.
Of course I'll have fans and holes and all the other good stuff.
Let me know what you're thinking. I'd like to toss ideas back and forth with someone who is working on this the same time as me.

12/29/2005, 04:00 PM
I built mine for my 75. I will get some pics for you. It matches the all glass pine stand.

piti-u
12/30/2005, 11:28 AM
Thanks, I'd love to see them.