PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to buy buckets of IO in the valley?

reefskinner
03/17/2002, 10:23 PM
Hi All,
I am almost out of salt, and was wondering where the best place around here is to buy it by the bucket. I think most all of the online places have caught on to the shipping issue, so I would rather support my local economy if the price is close to what I would pay for it via the internet plus shipping. Thanks.....

Shawn

golfsuper
03/17/2002, 11:56 PM
Hey Shawn,

Sorry we missed you at the meeting. I'm getting pretty close to out myself, but haven't found any bargain basement prices around town. Check with Kim to see if he has any, otherwise I think Frank may be the best deal I've seen?!#* Let me know what you find out.

Kevin

kgross
03/18/2002, 03:36 AM
I should not post this here but I will tell you that I do not have any buckets of IO, can't get a good enough price, but I do have some buckets of Kent coming in next week, I don't know what the price will be yet, but it should be not be to much more than mailorder plus shipping. Give Jen a call next week to find out the price.

Kim

reefskinner
03/20/2002, 05:53 PM
Kevin, Yeah I wish I could have made it. I couldn't get out of work.

Kim, I was hoping to find some IO. I have never used the Kent salt.

Shawn

kgross
03/21/2002, 02:43 AM
Kent is made by aquarium systems, and according to the test results, it showed that Kent had sightly higher calcium and alk. To get IO, I would suggest currently to check with petco

GARFVolunteer
03/27/2002, 09:30 PM
Might want to check out this thread. Guy here got a pretty good deal on Instant Ocean with low shipping ($12).

http://archive.reefcentral.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=74464

A couple of years ago, Zam Zows on Fairview ordered 4 buckets for a buddy at $64 apiece if I remember correctly. I bought 2 off of him.

Scott