PDA

View Full Version : carpet anemone

Kevbarnes11
11/26/2005, 10:28 PM
I just bought a large Carpet Anemone today and I am looking for a few pointers to keep this beauty alive. What do I feed it?

Rendos
11/26/2005, 10:40 PM
I will more than likely want a deep sand area close to rock work. They usually bury their foot in the sand, but near the rocks. It can eat any large meaty food...silversides and krill are what most people feed them. They don't seem to like a lot of current either.

mike660r
11/26/2005, 11:07 PM
It will find its happy place. Unfortunately that place may not be where you want it. Have patience and let it do what it wants. As far as feeding goes. Mine eats silversides every 3 days. Start off small and feed 1/4" to 1/2" chucks. From what I have read and tried. It works great. Mine is about 10" wide when it fully expands. It has moved itself under a rock that does get light penetration under it. It is a task to feed it since my large flame hawk camps out near by. You will need a feeding stick.. they are very quick to grab food and they are sticky themselves when they are healthy.

I found out that it reacts better to 79+ degree temperatures too.

Good luck to you.

Mike C

Kevbarnes11
11/27/2005, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the advice. I tried to feed it some frozen clam by Yums and it would not take it or respond to it. I will try the silversides. Where do I get that?

Kevbarnes11
11/29/2005, 10:11 PM
Now my anemone has white foam looking stuff around the center. What is it?