PDA

View Full Version : New changes at RC Steele -the warehouse store

Gary Majchrzak
03/16/2002, 05:37 PM
I'm posting this in hopes of someone that can make some changes at the warehouse store will ...I've shopped this place for years.I love{d} it.Everything I use is discontinued or moved into the warehouse,requiring an employee to look it up and retrieve it. Here is what I use that is NOT on the shelves: the MAXI-JET POWERHEADS.Far superior to the other brands offered.Salt mixes...must be in the warehouse,I didn't see any.VibraGro saltwater pellet food- discontinued? FOR SHAME! Combisan TOO? Unbelievable!Where are the MAG-DRIVE pumps? ACRYLIC mini-bows....? Get hip! Get GLASS!Don't get me wrong,it's NEAT and ORGANIZED-and employees are GREAT! They are friendly and ready to help you out.Just some MINOR tweaking is necessary for the needs of SERIOUS aquarists!

kcolagio
03/25/2002, 10:39 AM
I have heard (I think from this forum) that they are converting it into a PetSmart (it has basically been a PetSmart outlet for a while...).

How true this is, I'm not sure....but that's what I heard. :(

Gary Majchrzak
03/25/2002, 10:46 AM
Whatever they call it, they need to get' reefers supplies' back on those shelves if I am to have a reason to shop there anymore!

mirski57
03/25/2002, 11:07 AM
Could be true about the PetSmart thing. I know a Network System Analyst at the R.C. Steele warehouse and the mail address is XXXX@petsmartdirect.com

In any case, you can't beat the prices on the IO Salt there. It's amazing how the salt is $29 bucks at R.C Steele. Then when you hit places in the same area like Marine Oasis, Caribean Forrest and Living Seas you will pay $50

Guy
03/25/2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by mirski57
In any case, you can't beat the prices on the IO Salt there. It's amazing how the salt is $29 bucks at R.C Steele.

Is this a recent price? I got spoiled paying the 27.98 that RC Steele used to offer. I didn't see it on the shelves and their new catalog price is way up there...

Any new info?

Gary Majchrzak
03/25/2002, 12:01 PM
Guy,don't get the car warmed up quite yet!!!! Currently they charge $49.99 for the 200 gallon bucket of IO salt at the warehouse store.50 gallon bags are 14.99- a relative 'bargain' now that salt prices are following gas prices....on second thought....maybe now you should find the car keys and get over there!!!! :rolleye1:

mirski57
03/25/2002, 12:16 PM
Wow...didn't realize it was up so fast. I have only 1/4 bucket left currently, but when I bought it, it was $27.98. I didn't realize it was that long ago I got the bucket. But I guess only doing 5 gallon water changes lasts a while on a 200 gallon bucket.

Sorry if I mis-lead anyone.