PDA

View Full Version : Glass Water jugs?

SeaMatt Nematocyt
03/14/2002, 08:15 PM
Okay, I am burning too much water on a weekly basis on my tank and I know the salinity fluctuations are not appreciated. My Hawk is giving me the look and the Foxface is trying to kill me!

I remember the meeting where we talked about DIY stuff and saw the gravity controlled top-off system. I am wondering if anyone has a large glass water container like the deep rock ones you turn upside down. If not, does anyone have a suggestion on where to pick one up cheap and the stoppers too?

A side note:

I am getting close to buying a house to fit my tank. Yeah baby! 300 gallons in yo mouf!
I have a few ideas about how to move everything over, but I may need some help holding a few precious critters for a night or two.
They are all pretty hardy, minus my LPSs and perhaps my Purple Tang.
I would ask that people with aged, well established tanks reply to this. My tank itself is almost 3 years old and bomb proof.

Please just reply to this email if you are interested and would be available if the need came up.

Thanks

JEMichael IV
03/15/2002, 01:11 AM
I can get you one of those 5 gallon jugs if your interested. We have a water cooler at my wifes work.

MayerKT
03/15/2002, 11:06 AM
Hola Matt

I think steve cohen said you could pick up a glass 5 gallon jug at any home brew / home wine store for about $25 or so. There is one on the north side of Alameda west of Wadsworth and east of I-25 somewhere, sorry, that's the best I can do :hmm6:

Also, Troy and I would love to help if we can......maybe mostly with critters.....I don't think we have much room for fishies. And depending on the timing (we're moving starting the beginning of april) we might have an empty semi established tank (two years total with one move in the middle) available to cram a few things in.

give me a call 303-885-2671

Lata dude with a 300 gal tank in yo mouf! (doesn't it hurt slightly? :lol: :lol: :lol: )

SeaMatt Nematocyt
03/15/2002, 02:04 PM
Oh yeah BEER!
Forgot about that.
John, if I am not finding these right off the bat, I may take you up on the offer...Thanks :)
K/T , Thanks for offering up some help on the move. I think I will be moving later than April. Let me know if you guys need some storage space as well.
It hurts worse when your roomate drinks your cellar selection Raymond Reserve 1997 without asking....:blown:
Oh yeah, any ideas on where to get cork or rubber stoppers for the top? BEER store again?

Talk with you all later.

ericb
03/15/2002, 09:12 PM
Matt - I've got some room to hold stuff. Could probably take a few fishes, whatever you need. Also, let me know when you're moving. I've got a pickup and would be happy to help move tanks, equipment, etc.

Send me a PM, or email at ericboland@yahoo.com.

ericb
03/15/2002, 09:14 PM
Oh. I almost forgot. My name, contact info is on the list we did at the last meeting for emergencies. I haven't seen it posted on the website yet. What happened to it? Anybody know?

SeaMatt Nematocyt
03/16/2002, 03:41 AM
Hey thanks Eric!
As I said, I was not at the last meeting. I am hoping that we can put together a list of cats in crunch time.
hint hint....crunchtime list!

Late night now kiddos. Buying beer...I mean fish stuff.