PDA

View Full Version : Help us with our addictions!

weimers75
11/17/2005, 12:49 PM
As someone noted in another thread, many of us look at reefkeeping as an addiction. So I figured I would look to my fellow reefers for help:)

I am always looking for new corals to add to my system...and lets face it, whole colonies and large corals are expensive! Some of you must have some rare or unusual corals that could be fragged, so why don't you add any frags that you have for sale here, and then we could trade or buy them at the meeting? Rare and unusual ones are always popular (if you ever look on Michigan Reefers they always have a ton of stuff on there that goes fast but is often too far away for most of us).

This would not only help us diversify our tanks, but we could get some cool stuff without hurting the wild reefs:)

jenghes
11/18/2005, 08:42 AM
I don't have much to trade now but in the future I should have both of these (besides the pink mille). My frags are doing really well and showing signs of growth.

The hoeksemai and pink mille on this thread:
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=624408&perpage=25&pagenumber=7

I also have a green skinned orange polyp SPS, Montepora, I think. It is really a bright orange. It has new branches forming. When it grows more, I'll frag it.

Looking for: Pink zoas

Jen

weimers75
11/18/2005, 09:28 AM
Jen, when its available I'd love the hoeksemi, very pretty!

jenghes
11/18/2005, 09:34 AM
It is gorgeous in that pic. However, like with all my other SPS, I have very strong polyp extension (I don't know if this is good or bad). The polyps are brownish. Your polyps seem to extend less than mine do so I suspect that it will look better in your tank than mine:) It is really pretty under the moonlights.

Aquatic Aquaman
11/18/2005, 11:14 AM
I have some Green and Yellow Star Polyps, and Capanella. I could get rid of or trade up for! I also have a Pink Montepora I could frag, and a small frag of Zoos that has about 4 heads on it.

weimers75
11/18/2005, 12:16 PM
How much are you looking for the pink montipora, and how big would the frag be? Do you have pics? I'm trying to see if its more of an orange than pink, I already have orange. Thanks!

Aquatic Aquaman
11/18/2005, 12:38 PM
Its a bright pink. Its currently about four inches in length and 31/2 inches wide. I could probably break you off a quater sized piece. Thats what I started with when I originally got mine back in Feburary earlier this year and its grown pretty fast. My Digital Camera is broken so I can't get any pics.

jenghes
11/18/2005, 06:23 PM
Scott,

I would like one also, but not just yet. Perhaps after x-mas when I get the fish out of the tank.

Get that camera fixed :D

Jen

Aquatic Aquaman
11/21/2005, 03:53 PM
Everyone can just chip in and buy me a new one for christmas! ;)