PDA

View Full Version : Great Move By Reefnest AGain With DIY

zooqi
11/14/2005, 08:56 PM
Thanks to fishesRdelicious for the great DIY that we added to our site. Also I would like to thank him for paying for website upgrade that I will be posting about ASAP.
This DIY is really great and fishesRdelicious and I worked on it and with two brains we came to a finaly nice top off. Since we have 100 times more space now we have more DIY to add and working on it. Thanks for your visit and support. Please post your comments about this DIY here and fishesRdelicious will be more than happy to answer any questions. If you have any suggestion to improve it please post it here too. We would like to see more DIY in our website so if you have one please send us your details and seteps and we will be more than happy to add it to our list.

DIY Auto-top off (http://reefnest.com/diy/topoff/index.html)

fishesRdelicious
11/14/2005, 09:06 PM
like mo said, any suggestions or comments to make it better are greatly appreciated

EMBRYOGUY
11/20/2005, 11:36 AM
its great. so would you make and sell them ? i would be interested. and i know someone else that might be also. i spent over 100 for my ato system. but i have 4 other tanks that do not have a setup.

great ingenuity. thanks

EMBRYOGUY
11/20/2005, 11:46 AM
yes please make and sell it. il buy ...................

EMBRYOGUY
11/20/2005, 11:48 AM
one suggestion is that you shoudl have many holes on the bracket. so that way the user can adjust the height of the float switch.

unless you have it already and i missed that part of thread.
tks

zooqi
11/20/2005, 11:51 AM
Good point and I think he made it for his tank and adjust it to his tank. That is good point and I did that before when I built old style float switch in a sump.

EMBRYOGUY
11/20/2005, 01:02 PM
zooqi. please have your friend email me.

embryoguy2@aol.com

he really should make and sell this. i know nano-reef.com , many nanocubers would be interested also.

thank you for your thoughts about the clowns. i wish you and sanjay the best! with this clown project.

zooqi
11/20/2005, 01:29 PM
I will be picking him up shortly to go and meet Sanjay and will suggest that to him. I told him to do few adjustments and we will be in reefnest.com more than happy to set him with a box to order and his contact. He can use that money to put in his aquarium and after all that's why this club started to see projects, help them improve it, and also will help them market it and not just with that but with frags, breeding fish which we did our best to help him. Thanks for your feedback and being part of this forum.

EMBRYOGUY
11/20/2005, 10:16 PM
fishesred.

can you think of a way how i can create one ato system to monitor 2 or more tanks? i have nanocubes and instead of setting up a system for each, is there a way to link the ato for all?

fishesRdelicious
11/20/2005, 11:11 PM
the problem with montitoring more than one tanks is that each tank has different amounts of water in it and evaporates different, but i will try and think of something
something different might be to use floatvalves instead that would just fill up the tank that needed it

EMBRYOGUY
11/20/2005, 11:15 PM
yeah your right. i guess i could just set up one holding tank and a float switch and pump for eac tank. that should work

keep me updated on your float switch ! :)

fishesRdelicious
11/20/2005, 11:33 PM
how many tanks do you have? if they were all connected you could just put one in the sump

EMBRYOGUY
11/20/2005, 11:40 PM
i hve 5 seperate tanks
none of them are connected

zooqi
11/21/2005, 12:01 AM
fishesRdelcicious,
I have an idea (like always) :D on making something for this and using one switch ,, I have to explain it to you and we might come up with a new tool in top off.
embryoguy: fishrd. is smart and I do have an idea and will see if it works and he can build it. We have tons of projects working on and he is one of those who if thought of something can't sleep untill is done (I'm like that) Will update you about it.