PDA

View Full Version : Hey Cephalopoder(a.k.a. Chris), why don't you have a personal web page?

schmunkel98
03/13/2002, 02:29 PM
Chris,

I have met very few people out there that have any cephalopods, let alone someone like you who has many. I would like to encourage you to make a personal web page to display pictures and videos of your animals and tank setups. You have been one of the most knowledgable people I have met when it comes to octos, and I think this page would be very helpful as a reference. If nothing else I would love to see tons more pictures of your octos, especially the mimic! Videos would also be great, but I know they are harder to do. I have been encouraging Octomonkey(a.k.a. Colin) and Jimbo Louis to update their sites as well. I think Colin is going to update his next week, but Jimbo needs some more prompting.

Think it over,

Mike

www.schmunkel.0catch.com

cephalopoder
03/13/2002, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the kind words Mike!
I have a bunch of things in the works actually.
A web page is one of them. The others are a surprise for now. One thing that will be comming out soon will be a up dated care sheet for bimaculoides on fishsupply.com for their soon to be released new web site. I do have tons of pics of every octo I have kept. And hours of video as well. So maybe you can read though my secrets and guess at what I have planed down the road. But I am not saying right now no matter what lol!
As far a posting pics of the Mimic, I have sent some to the NRCC to be added to ceph base when James gets a free moment. I still owe him some info for the pic captions. I hesitate posting mimic pics out here or any where other than ceph base because I do not want to encourage people to seek them out for pets due to thier situation. They do not really make that great of a ceph to keep any way. It is a very advanced otcto and hard to maintain. When it dose pass away the mimic will be preserved and sent to the NRCC for examination.
Alot of my free time right now has turned keeping mantis shrimp. Dr Roy has inspired me to get to know these amazing animals and I must say so far I am not dissapointed!
chris
-chris

schmunkel98
03/13/2002, 05:39 PM
Chris,

I'm glad you have so many things in the works because we really need more stuff out there as a reference. Just don't be like Jimbo and keep telling me that updates will be coming soon for months on end. I don't suppose you could post another picture or two of your bimac since I may be getting another in lieu of cuttlefish? Consider it a preview of what's to come.

Thanks,

Mike

www.schmunkel.0catch.com