PDA

View Full Version : a much delayed check in from down under

MonKei
11/12/2005, 08:40 PM
so now that its been what, 3 months since any thought of reefing and the whatnot, I can actually start to get back in the habit of reading the reef threads and the whatnot.. I stopped because I was always contemplating going and getting some aquatic critter for the room, so i stopped reading about reefing altogether and the urge left.

so I'm basically done with my semester here, just have a final on the 22nd. Classes went alright, nothing too great happened in the classroom, but I ended up liking my photography and photoshop classes a lot, i spent a lot of time over in the dark rooms developing/printing photos, good stuff i tell you. Computer programming kicked my butt, but that doesnt surprise me, and my history class just had a few essays that i didnt get close to the length requirement. blahblahblah classes ;)

so now I've got like 2 weeks of vacation time that I am expecting to take full advantage of.. aka going back up north to Cairns and off to Fitzroy island to go do some more stuff on the reef, I've gone to the center and down the south, but havnt felt that I've taken advantage of the dive cirtification enough since I've been here, its been like 4 months since I've done any diving, bah. so I'm hoping to get some more dives in up on the reef, do some snorkling etc :) looking forward to it a lot. yes yes photos for all, and no I wont smuggle any stuff back ;). after that, its just the final and hangin out in sydney until the 30th when I fly back and land in LA before i took off :rolleyes: crazy time changes.. I'll be back in stockton on the 7th of december for about a week, and then be going home for the rest of the year.. but I come back to stockton with everything in January for the last semester at University, and yes, that means having a tank again! wahoo!

anyway, just thought that I would check in.
-thayer

lanxang
11/13/2005, 01:48 AM
Thayer, any more pic of your trip in Australia? and welcome back to the states.

mothra
11/13/2005, 03:07 PM
Welcome back Thayer. Hit us up with some pics and stories from your trip. Make sure to holler when you're in town if nothing else some of us might want to meet up for drinks and stories.

MonKei
11/13/2005, 04:52 PM
Hold up! I'm not back yet!!!! ;) but thanks for the welcoming anyway! :) I'm not leaving australia until the 30th of november, so, I've got some time here still.. and I'll put some more photos up (sometime), I'm about 2 months behind in doing that :-/ anywhoo, I'll catch you guys soon! I've gotta call the internet company and tell them that november is our last month of service!