PDA

View Full Version : anemone question

Reefdiver77
11/12/2005, 08:04 PM
I posted this on the clown fish/anemone page on RC and got no response. Decided to post it here. TIA

LTA question
I have my LTA a couple of months now. It looks totally healthy, but has never attached to anything. For a while it kind of stayed in a front corner and occasionally floated on its side in the same corner. It has now moved in the back of the tank and still looks totally healthy but has still not attached to anything. Also my clowns have not shown intrest in the LTA like they did in the carpet I once had. My parameters are fine. Any suggestions for getting him to attach? I attempted to feed tiny slivers of Krill, but did not eat it. I do feed brine shrimp to the tank weekly as well as giving reef chili into the tank weekly. Any other suggestions for feeding ? I had so hoped he and at least one of my clowns would discover each other. TIA

drowzee
11/12/2005, 10:06 PM
mine eats silversides. i shoved mine to a cave and eventually attached itself. if i'm right u got yours at kermit's. there were 2 and i got the other one. my clarkii lives in it after 1 hour in the tank but it is getting beat up. i feed mine 2 x a week from1" to 1.5" size. hope this helps.

nam2212
11/14/2005, 04:17 AM
Just put half a piece of krill on the tentacles and make sure it gets a good grip on it before you let go. I have a hard time believing it is healthy if it just rolls around in the sand.

Reefdiver77
11/14/2005, 10:32 PM
I got mine out of the back of the tank where he floated and has been for several days now. He was not attached. I attempted to shove him into a cave but he floated out after a few minutes. I also tried burying his foot in the sand and he always just floats out. He is big and healthy looking, but just not attaching and not eating. I am at wits end, but since he appears healthy and happy floating around, guess I will just let him be for now. Thanks.