PDA

View Full Version : Another Mantis in Stockon

MrMonkeyFingers
11/11/2005, 09:46 PM
Jacob,

Was at Discount tonight and they had a mantis shrimp like the one you had it's pretty small and 14 bucks if I remember correctly. It's that paler green colored one.

mothra
11/12/2005, 12:46 AM
I will have to swoop on it. That's the type I've been looking for. Thanks for the heads up. One last try at mantis husbandry for me, if it doesn't work out I'm giving up.

Izsabelle
11/12/2005, 01:20 AM
Jacob, get a peacock. They are way more interesting then the smaller kinds.

MrMonkeyFingers
11/12/2005, 02:31 AM
cool, glad I can help... was there fri afternoon around 3pm

mothra
11/13/2005, 03:13 PM
I got it! I think it's a beefy G. chiragra... and it's good some serious attitude! That thing smashed the heck out of the little plastic holding container it was in at the store. This one is quite a bit larger than the previous ones I have had.

BTW... faulty heater was to blame for death of previous mantis. The tank temp was 87 or higher w/ the lights on.

MrMonkeyFingers
11/15/2005, 12:07 AM
hey glad you got it! I was curious how long that little plastic box was gonna hold it ;) So it is bigger than the last huh?

mothra
12/04/2005, 07:34 PM
Twins has got a couple of nice ones right now! I almost didn't post this because I wanted/want one of them but I don't have the time/energy for anything else.

If you're looking for a really cool mantis, they have a P. cilatta (bright yellow SPEARER). They are one of the more interactive species that do not get very large. Someone should give him a loving home before I do!

The other one is either a G. chiragra or a G. smithii, I didn't get a good enough look to tell. If it is a smithii someone should nab him up too!

MrMonkeyFingers
12/05/2005, 01:52 AM
yeah I saw those and forgot to mention them to ya.... so that yellow one was a spearer huh? I think you should go buy both early tomorrow morning ;)