PDA

View Full Version : power went out

wreckscuba
11/09/2005, 10:43 PM
Well last nite are power went out:eek1: I woke up at 3 and all was dark.Went to check the tank all looked ok whent and hooked up my back up power supply :D .Went back to bed,Then this morning I find out all 3 tangs have Ich.They where find last nite.Hipo,Sailfin and my Orange fin.Every one is eating good.I know i can never get them out of the tank to treat them.I put garlic on there food.Is there anyhting thats reef safe to treat the tank with?The last fish was the Orange fin he has been in the tank for 3months now.

Gerde
11/11/2005, 09:32 AM
I have a hard time thinking that Ick set in after only a couple of hours with the power off. Are you sure it wasn't there before? I don't know of anything that you can treat a reef tank for this without killing everything else.

letta
12/02/2005, 01:00 PM
Get a couple of those whitesh/yellow cleaner shrimp with the red stripe going down their back. They LOVE to eat ick!!!!
Laurie

mudhauler
12/03/2005, 04:48 PM
Stick with the garlic and check for stress I'm with Gerde that seems awfully quick. You might make things worse by trying to get them out. Do you have access to a UV sterilizer? running that for a while will help with the spores . Good luck!!

wreckscuba
12/04/2005, 08:56 AM
Well I have been feeding garlic since day one .Ick has been gone for a week and a half now:D fish are doing good and eating like the pigs they are :rollface: I have of in thought about geting a uv just for times like this.May have to put tat om may wish this for santa ;)

mudhauler
12/08/2005, 09:00 PM
Over the years I've noticed how easy tangs come down with ich. I've tried all the treatments and the results were the same a funeral at the porcelane parlor. I'm watching my new hippo I got about a month ago and when he came in I was concerned about his size and the shrunken stomach. I started him on garlic ladened frozen algae and he's looking great. I'm done with chemicals and dips. I've watched the guy at ecoreef bring some sorry looking fish back from the dead only with excelent water quality and a good diet. I think thats the best way, that and watching for excessive stess. Good luck, John