PDA

View Full Version : Feature List (Brainstorm summary)

dbernard
03/12/2002, 12:36 PM
The following is a summary of the features that people would like to see in the controller. If there are any other suggestions please add them here, since the board will be deciding which features to implement in released phases.

Lighting
* on/off
* lunar cycles for a night light

Heating/Cooling
* Control for heating/cooling devices
* Control of fans based on temperature measurements.

Wave making
* Controlling PH's for feeding, random cylces etc
* additional pumping cycles

Tank parameters
* pH Tank and Misc or reactor if the person so desires a second probe (reading and adjustment---have the ability to hook up CO2 and be controlled by this)
in the area of a Ca reactor this would be key.
* Redox Potential (ORP) I realize that this is not used by all but it should be added since there are some of us that do and also it is a controller that is offered on the market.
* Salinity (conductivity)
* Additional ion exchange measurements for specific elements/compounds.

Sensors
* Water level sensors for high and low levels
* Current Transformer to detect if a device is powered.
* Temperature Sensors (multiple).

Data Logging
* record the parameters in user programmable intervals ranging between 1 - 60 minutes:
o Temperature
o pH
o ORP
* Time stamp any alarm conditions i.e. over/under temp, high/low water level, etc.

Interface
* RS232 (serial) PC interface.
* Programmed via PC.
* Web interface.
* Dialer/pager functionality.

Miscellaneous
* Battery backup to save user settings and data.
* Additional input and output user input/control.
* Audible alarm when a monitored condition exceeds a preset value.

BORECKI
03/17/2002, 12:57 AM
Tie the audable alarm to the pager/dialer so both are activated when needed.
Boris.

jgarris11
03/17/2002, 01:11 AM
some type of batery back up that would run a small pump in case of power outage.

GulfCoastAquarian
10/23/2002, 11:07 AM
This project is fascinating! I'm a Mechanical Engineer and can appreciate this type of undertaking. I have a simple suggestion that might be added to the feature list (forgive me if it has already been considered). I like the idea of timestamping conditions when they go out of spec, but maybe the addition of a photo snapshot at each timestamp would be a good idea. Being able to see a picture of the tank when the particular event occured might prove beneficial to troubleshooting any potential problems.